Post by Dunald » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 am

Hi,
I use 1.5.6.4 and it has allways worked fine.
But now I noticed an issue that I have not seen before.
When I in the Admin copy a product and edit it with new name etc then everything is ok.
But when I add a new product from scratch that product can not open in the front end of my store.

Well I can search for it and it is there, I can look in the correct category and it is there but when I click on that product it does not open.
A old product can have www.mysite.se/index.php?route=product/p ... uct_id=816
and everything is working fine. If I copy that product and edit it to become a new product (www.mysite.se/index.php?route=product/p ... uct_id=817) everything is ok.
But when I add a new product from scratch and it is www.mysite.se/index.php?route=product/p ... uct_id=818 it does not open in the front.

New products in my store can be seen in the homepage. This is also the case with the products that can´t open.
I click on the name/image and the URL changes to the new URL www.mysite.se/index.php?route=product/p ... uct_id=818
but that page does not load, it is still the homepage.
If I use search and find the new product and click on it I get back to the homepage but with the new URL.

I can not recall that I made any changes but since I almost everytime I add a new product I use an old one and copying / editing it then I might have hade this problem for a long time without seeing it before.

I tried to edit the date to an older date but still can´t see the new products page when I click on the product.
I use the default theme. I have tried to disable the newest modules and Vqmod files but still same problem.

How can I solve this? (Well I still can add new products by copying an old product but I would like to be able to add a new product the way it should work)

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:01 am

Well, a long Story, for not even placing a valid Site Link. :'(
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Dunald » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:16 am

Hi!
I made a product called Ernie, try to visit it on my home-page at www.d em a f l e x (dot) se
Last time I put a link here Google indexed it...
If you only se a "Forbidden" then your IP is blocked since I do not like visitors from outside of Sweden. Send me a PM with your IP and I can edit my .htaccess to let you in.

Post by Dunald » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:06 am

Hello again!
Now I had a look in my database and noticed that in product_to_layout the new added products have the number 1 (and they do not work)
All the other products has the number 0 (and they all work)
I edited the number to 0 and now the product is working. But when I add another new product that product gets layout 1 and do not work.

Any clue on how to always use layout 0? I really do not know why there is diffrent Layout numbers since I use the default store and do not know how to change this layout...

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:14 am

Well, I never yet played around with 'Layouts', and therefore
have no idea, what it does, when it comes to 'link' that Layout
with some Products. Sorry about that... :'(
Did you try to AVOID a whitespace Gap, to make it look like Ernie2 ?
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Dunald » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:17 am

Ok, the whitespace is no problem. All other products has whitespace.
The question is why new products is product_to_layout 1 and not working when product_to_layout 0 is working.
Hope anyone els can help with the solution in this matter.

Post by Dunald » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:14 am

For some reason, have no idea why. The tab in the admin/product "layout" I think it is in English. "design" it says in Swedish. That option is blank when I add a new product. And when I save and visit the samt tab again the option is "home".

If I change this to anything else like "default", "Product", "sitemap" (or what ever but not "home") Then the product is ok.

Still I would like that tab to be other than "home" by default but at least I now know why the product failed to open.