Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:28 am

I replied I don't know as I use a contrib to make site updates so maybe the option ids are not static.
Exactly, you are using an extension. As mentioned on my above post reply, since you're using an extension, contact the extension developer of that extension to see if this can be done.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:20 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:28 am
I replied I don't know as I use a contrib to make site updates so maybe the option ids are not static.
Exactly, you are using an extension. As mentioned on my above post reply, since you're using an extension, contact the extension developer of that extension to see if this can be done.
If what can be done? Have JNeuhoff tell me if his script never changes the option ids?

Let me clarify something since you are off on a tangent.

1) I use JNeuhoff's import export script (true).
2) I wrote my own script to make updates to the product quantities using option_value_id. This has nothing to do with JNeuhoff's import or export script EXCEPT that his script may change the option_value_id for product (aka NOT static).

I did not use any part of JNeuhoff's import/export script for mine. I posted part of his script to answer your question about if the option ids are static.

So the only reason I would have to contact JNeuhoff is to maybe ask him to clarify if his import/export contrib change the option_value_id for product.

I think, you think, I am asking about JNeuhoff's import export script, which I am not.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 am

So the only reason I would have to contact JNeuhoff is to maybe ask him to clarify if his import/export contrib change the option_value_id for product.
It might be a great way to start.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON