Post by Gilmore » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:58 am

How can I add an extra field for them to input their order form on the Contact page(1.4.8b)? Or even slicker would be if it would lookup the Customers order number from their email they enter! But I would be happy for now with just being able to add Order Number and making it required on the Contact page.
Even thought I have changed the Text on that page dropping them a note asking them to include their order number, only 1 in 15 or so do! So making it a required field will be the easy way to make them follow directions! lol

Thanks!

Gil

Post by Miguelito » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:25 pm

What have you already done? Edited contact_us controller and template files or what?

The Finnish OpenCart Forum
"Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."

Post by i2Paq » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:25 pm

The customer can find their order-number in the subject of the order confirmation.
They need to look it up anyway, especially when they have multiple orders.

Then can send their comments regarding an order by using the comment field that is there on each order.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Gilmore » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:28 am

Miguelito wrote:What have you already done? Edited contact_us controller and template files or what?
I simply edited the Language file to ask people to include their order number, but you know how so many won't take the time to read and follow the directions! I figure we need an actual input field for the order number that is required and then they WILL have to do it the way we ask! lol