Post by poorlittlefish » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi, my shop will be starting off with a relatively small number of products and there won't be a need to split them into categories. Is it possible to just have a list of products appear in the menu, rather than having to put them inside categories?

Also, having looked at the documentation, it says that the Data tab of a product should have a field where you can select the category for that product, but I've looked at a couple of the products from the sample data that comes with the installation and there is no category dropdown or even any mention of it on the Data tab, so where is it that I select a category for a product?

Many thanks.

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 pm

it's been moved to the link tab.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by jty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:03 pm

poorlittlefish wrote:Is it possible to just have a list of products appear in the menu, rather than having to put them inside categories?
not as a standard feature but you could create the product as both a category and a product and assign the product to the category.

Or, you could assign all the products into one category
you could also then, turn off the category module in admin/extensions/modules. this will remove the category box on the left hand side so ti doesn't look stupid. But the products can show on the main page as "latest". Increase the limit for latest to match how many products you have.

Have a play around and see how you can make it work for you.
If you want to put products into the category menu, it would be a mod.

jty