Post by Divent » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:12 am

Yeeeeeyyy, first post!
Hi guys! I'm a former VirtueMart user that had given up on open source carts until I stumbled upon this little beauty.
So here's my first forum contribution in form of a question:
I'll partially be targeting business customers and was wondering if there's any way to be able to let the customers have the option to view the prices with or without VAT?
Some sort of a switch function (link, button, dropdown, etc).
A compromise would be to show the prices like: "200 kr (160 kr excl. VAT)."
I thought about using the multi store feature and use a separate store for business users but maybe this could be easily done with the use of a module?

I'd prefer a solution which not includes altering the source code. I've been there and done that with VirtueMart and it's all fun and play until the next cart update is released... :crazy:

So... VAT on... VAT off...
Any Mr. Miyagi's with a major in OpenCart out there?
;-)

Thanks

Divent

Yep... Didn't save this time either...

Location - Sweden

Post by kedgetech » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:21 am

I doubt you can do with out altering any code . As I recall you can set the option for cart if you would like to have the VAT off or on. You can add a small Icon and add code to show with VAT on hover or something ( again you need to change some code around).

Hope this helps.

Location - USA, Australia, India

Post by Divent » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:14 pm

OK!
That's what I suspected. This isn't a big problem anyway but it would've been nice to be able to set this option as a customer though.

Thanks for the reply!

/..Divent

Yep... Didn't save this time either...

Location - Sweden