Post by stokeyblokey » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Opencart 1.5.6 with lots of mods but has been running stable and no changes to the code for quite some time (1 year or so) - suddenly in the last two weeks the Latest module has stopped displaying any products at all!

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, checked for VQmods which might affect the files etc - couldn't see anything.

I have a VQmod that adds a Latest page and link to the module - that still works fine.

I tried using Anylist module which has a "Latest" function but that seemed to stick any old random product in the module on the front end, definitely not the latest ones.

Nothing in the error log or VQmod error log.

The output is:

Code: Select all

<div id="content"><div class="box">
  <div class="box-heading"><a href="//www.peepultree.co.uk/shop/product/latest">Latest</a></div>
  <div class="box-content">
    <div class="box-product">
          </div>

<div style="text-align: right; font-weight: bold;"><a href="http://www.peepultree.co.uk/shop/product/latest">View All</a></div>

</div>
Can anyone tell me why it would suddenly stop like that when all I have been doing is uploading products? Help! :(

Stokey

Post by stokeyblokey » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Sussed it - always the simple things you overlook! The products are all nil stock as we sell from a catalogue, the Latest module has this line:

Code: Select all

if ($result['quantity'] > 0) {
which performs a quantity check and only returns items that are in stock.

Does any clever person know a way to perform a category check so that for X category (and all sub categories) the stock check is ignored, but it is implemented for all other categories?

Stokey