Post by Raven » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I just had a problem with the WYSIWYG/HTML editor on my Windows/IIS server.
The problem is already fixed and the solution is in the Dutch forum already, but wanted to post the solution in the General Support forum so non-Dutch people can find it when having the same problem.

I had the problem that the WYSIWYG editor didn’t load on my own fresh installation of Opencart 1.4.8b (tried 1.4.7 also but had the same problem) (and i had the problem in both IE and FF)
Clearing cache didn't work and the funny thing was the WYSIWYG/HTML editor was working perfect on the Demonstration of Opencart.
So, i2Pac said, the problem had to be with my server or installation somehow. After a lot of searching and reading forums I decided to contact my webhost. They looked and fixed the problem in a couple of minutes.

The solution:
In the folder admin\view\javascript\ckeditor was a .htaccess-file witch prevented the view/javascript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js from being executed somehow.
So the .htaccess-file got renamed to _htacces and now the WYSIWYG-editor is working perfectly.

Don’t know if this is only a problem on a Windows/IIS server but its fixed now.

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Bit of a strange thing really. Does IIS even read .htaccess files? Regardless thanks for posting the solution, I'm sure there will be a few people on IIS servers that will get this issue

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by jvizzini » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:09 pm

This fix works in 1.5.1.1 as well. Thanks!

Post by Xzoid » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi Guys

Need your help. I`m using an older Opencart 1.2.9 and my WYSIWYG editor has left the building.The solution below does not work for me as there is no ckeditor.js loaded. only the old fckeditor and it does not contain .htaccess files

n the folder admin\view\javascript\ckeditor was a .htaccess-file witch prevented the view/javascript/ckeditor/ckeditor.js from being executed somehow.
So the .htaccess-file got renamed to _htacces and now the WYSIWYG-editor is working perfectly.

Post by jacquesdancona » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:20 am

Thanks Raven!

We moved to a new hoster with IIS systems and I couldn't figure out what the problem was.
2.5 years later people with Opencart on IIS systems still run in to the problem with the missing editor :)

Post by eagle02 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 am

I just installed 1.5.5.1 on one of my sites. The WYSIWYG editor that shows up in my Admin panel is not the normal WYSIWYG editor. There are a lot fewer options (no ability to resize the text, etc.). The demo site comes up fine and my other shop running 1.5.1.3.1 comes up with the regular WYSIWYG editor. Here is what the tool bar looks like now:

Any help will make my life much easier as I edit my site!

Post by nickt15 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:35 pm

I am having the same exact problem on 1.5.5.1, hopefully somebody has a solution soon.

Post by IMF2000 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Got the same issue with 1.5.5.1

Post by kmscosmetics » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 am

I'm having the same issue!

Post by butte » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:11 am

(1) As to JAY6390's question, IIS has Apache installed or embedded, and that (installation or ms cluge) is looking at .htaccess (among a raft of other Apache files). Even on Win 98, Apache itself can be installed and will use its .ht* files.

(2) As to OC versions, if the problem owes to .htaccess, then that is the fix (or first fix to try). If the exact same machine readable spelling, syntax, and punctuation in .htaccess happen for some reason not to work, then there will probably be something comparable that will (Apache has versions and subversions; OC has versions and subversions; versions and subversions often have their own idiosyncrasies, which in Apache are documented to the proverbial nines).

Guru Member

Post by butte » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:19 am

Here the whole button is awol.

In suggested viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96797 I'm seeing instead a problem (shared by several people) with buttons missing their fontsizes and colors, with the additional wrinkles that one person's Windows had tucked config.js elsewhere as c:\Users\HAPPYF~1AppData\Local\Temp\7zO40825B04\config.js (the Temp/ copy could be from an edit, from a user setting, from Win's own mission on earth, etc.) and presumably OC is looking for it under admin/view/javascript/ckeditor/.

Okay, possibly Bingo. The mere fact that a "WYSIWYG/HTML editor on my Windows/IIS" is being used indicates necessity of redoing the edits by hand. I've never yet seen a wysiwyg code editor that does not make mistrakes. Two approaches. (1) Find a fresh undited copy of the edited files, make backup copies, and in a pure text editor on your own machine make changes you want, then via ftp send them to server. (2) Grab the edited files via ftp, and on your own machines edit them, then send them back to the server. On each end keep backups (on the server rename them or shunt them into a setaside directory).

Guru Member

Post by peteVA » Sun May 19, 2013 1:57 am

I have the perfect fix for those of us who have not a clue as to what you are talking about with js, apache, etc,

I'm wiping the 1.5.5 and installing the 1.5.4

This is not the first step backward from OC, nor will it be the last.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by butte » Sun May 19, 2013 4:54 am

Reverting to prior OC works insofar as the prior ckeditor in that works, as does bringing into 1.5.5.1 a prior ckeditor (such as from 1.5.4.1). As suggested April 06 and afterward, and tested in practice, the now prevailing solution for 1.5.5.1 is merely to replace ckeditor itself.

In viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96797 noted above, therein at viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96797#p387079,
is one approach, and subsequently the problem has been resolved by replacing the 1.5.5.1 ckeditor, as at
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=99320&hilit=+ckeditor#p396135 (April 06)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=100564&p=400628&hilit=+ckeditor#p400628
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=101419&p=403947&hilit=+ckeditor.com#p403947
among several posts since April 06.

The original source of the real deal is http://ckeditor.com/download, and the current ckeditor can be slipped into place via ftp (use FileZilla Client to avoid or cure file corruptions by certain other ftp clients).

Guru Member