Post by Uyghurmen » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:27 am

I uploaded a image via image manager, after a while created three cache images same file name and all 100x100 same dimension. via admin panel/product inserted new product too same file name with image, but on fron page only displayed product name, not displayed images. Someone tell me what is the problem? and HOW TO DO?
thanks

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:26 am

This is quite hard to understand, you'll have to explain a bit clearer sorry

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by cmebd » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:38 am

Just a thought. When you created your product did you use the image manage to add he graphic to the product (under Product>Data?

cheers

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Uyghurmen » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 am

cmebd wrote:Just a thought. When you created your product did you use the image manage to add he graphic to the product (under Product>Data?

cheers
I wrote that and I believe this was very clear. I used image manager add image, and in cache/data created three image all 100x100, but not shown on front page. Can you tell me what is the problem?
www.eynek.biz/Torbaziri/
Thanks

Post by cmebd » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Uyghurmen wrote:
cmebd wrote:Just a thought. When you created your product did you use the image manage to add he graphic to the product (under Product>Data?

cheers
I wrote that and I believe this was very clear. I used image manager add image, and in cache/data created three image all 100x100, but not shown on front page. Can you tell me what is the problem?
http://www.eynek.biz/Torbaziri/
Thanks
Ok however not very clear to me because you talk about "creating" a 100 x 100 -cache- image.

First make sure that the permissions on your /image and image/cache all have a permission of rwx (777 on some servers 755 on others).

Adding graphics to a product works for me this way.
  • Create the product
  • Create a new Product in Admin
  • Click on "Data" tab and complete details there.
    Where image need to be uploaded click on the small icon and upload/select the graphic you want to include as the product photo (double-click) which should provide the photo of your product.
    Note: thumbnails are created automatically.
    Note: Graphics are automatically generated in the cache folder directly.
  • If you require additional images for the product then click on the "Images" tab and insert any images you want in addition to your main product image there.
If you have already uploaded your graphics into /image/data then when you want to add a product graphic you should be able to access that graphic via the image manager.

If the above doesn't help I am at a loss as to what the problem may be?

Cheers

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by jayman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:16 pm

Also you mentioned that you uploaded 3 images all with the same file name? You can't use the same image file names because your site will not know which of the 3 to use. Your images should have unique file names.

Post by Uyghurmen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 am

Very very thanks,
I Upload the my image via image manager, only one image. but cache/data appears three of them, not I uploaded same file name uploaded three. And all of three same dimension: 100x100, and same name. What's wrong with that I not understood. Any way I will try what your tell me that.
Thanks again.

Post by Uyghurmen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:27 am

My image/data and image/cache/data al 755; I try that: via admin panel insert product name, and image icon click open the image manager uploaded a image same name with my product.
If not working, next time change permision to 777 and try again, thanks again.