Post by bev2951 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi
Can OpenCart be used in conjuction with a Cyber Till At the moment I'm using V 1.5.2.1

Thanks in advance
Bev Jenkins

Location - Liverpool, England

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:41 am

bev2951 wrote:Hi
Can OpenCart be used in conjuction with a Cyber Till At the moment I'm using V 1.5.2.1

Thanks in advance
Bev Jenkins
I'm not familiar with Cyber Till but I would imagine the two could be combined with the help of a developer. I'd also suggest getting your Opencart software upgraded as well. v1.5.2.1 is quite a few years old now.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by bev2951 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi Thanks for answearing. Yes my opencart is years old but am frightened to upgrade to laterst version in case it looses all the data that is in there i.e. all the products. And i dont really know how to back it all up so its safe.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:51 pm

bev2951 wrote:Hi Thanks for answearing. Yes my opencart is years old but am frightened to upgrade to laterst version in case it looses all the data that is in there i.e. all the products. And i dont really know how to back it all up so its safe.
Everything can be safely carried over (products, customers, orders, store settings, images, etc). I can't speak for other developers but we always work on a 2nd copy of the database and a new set of files to make sure we don't mess with the live store until the upgrade is finished and working properly. I know that we can handle a task like this as well as Qphoria. I'm sure there are others around here too but you'd need to do your research.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by bev2951 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:06 am

Hi
How do I go about saving all the data base etc. I wouldn't know where to start and God forbid I lost everything. Is it quite easy to do?

Thanks.

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:57 am

as long as you make a FULL COPY of your existing DB, by use of another DB-Name, and by help of your MyAdmin SQL Tool, you could always go back. Just leave your existing shop software, as it exists, and create a NEW SHOP, then, LINK this new Shop to your COPIED DB, and then, start to play around, getting the DB to 'handle' the New Shop Version!
Good Luck ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by bev2951 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi
I dont think i am brave enough to try this.
Are there people who woulkd do it for me and do you know the cost?

Thank you

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:29 pm

bev2951 wrote:Hi
I dont think i am brave enough to try this.
Are there people who woulkd do it for me and do you know the cost?

Thank you
Feel free to send us an email at sales@evolvewebhost.com so that we can discuss this. We've completed plenty of upgrades and it will all work for you without any issues. We will need to have access to your Opencart admin area so that we can see which extensions need to be upgraded and any custom changes that you need updated to work with the latest version of Opencart.