Post by psxgamer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:37 am

Does anybody have some experience with multilangual/international SEO?

My website is in 3 langauges (Dutch, French, English). I have a .BE, .NL, .FR and .COM domain. The .BE is my main domain, where as the others are made using the multistore function.

I've been breaking my head about it and can't figure out why. Lot's of visitors and sales for my .BE domain. Other domains have been online for 2 years or so and I'm getting nowhere.

Very good exposure in Google BE, quite some traffic and low bounce rate. For all other sites hardly any traffic, zero visibility in Google and trafic that comes through Google has a very high bounce rate. Hence no sales. For one reason or another Google doesn't want to index the sites. Only a small part is being indexed.

My .BE site is growing very fast. All the others are dead in the water.

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:50 am

Google does not like 'Mirrors and Copies' of Sites very much, as a matter of fact, even the indexed Site may get rated down, if something like this happen. So be very carefull, not to loose it all !
Ernie
BTW: it's written in the books! :D

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by psxgamer » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:15 am

Google doesn't let out the SEO secrets but one of the things they clearly stated is that it won't be considered as double content if it are websites aimed at different countries.

Post by psxgamer » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:07 am

@IP_CAM

Just read my reply and realised it may have sounded a bit harsh. Wasn't the intention.

Just very curious to know if somebody has a simular set up like mine:
* website in 3 languages
* 1 main website (.BE) with 3 other multistore (.NL, .FR, .COM)

I know duplicate content is a huge issue but google shouldn't consider it as duplicate content as long as you aim at other country.

I have no clue what the problem is. My .BE site is growing with 30-50% year over year. The multistores are dead in the water. As good a no growht. My .NL domain has 1% of the number of visitors of the .NL domain.

20-30% bounce rate for my .BE which is quite good. +60% bounce rate for the other website. As good as zero traffic from Google. And I can't have traffic of Google because only a fraction of the pages have been indexed. Has been like this for the last 2 years or so.

Post by gtoc » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi, did you find a solution for this. Google wants to see rel="alternate" hreflang="x" attribute but I'm not sure how to add and have not found an extension for this. Any help appreciated

thanks