Post by varnco » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Hello,

My site suddenly stopped sending order confirmation emails to my customers a few months ago (just found out)

I get contact us forms, new account created, and order emails, but my customers do not.

I haven't changed any config on my site, it's hosted a bluehost.

I am currently using "mail" in the settings section, and everything in there is blank (nothing filled in, as always).

I checked error logs and nothing is showing there.

Thoughts?

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:39 pm

This is a pretty common problem.

It's probably Bluehost blocking the emails.

Your best next step is to submit a ticket with them.

For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:19 pm

I am currently using "mail" in the settings section, and everything in there is blank (nothing filled in, as always).

I checked error logs and nothing is showing there.
You can also verify your mail logs from FTP / cPanel if your host provides the access in order to identify the source of this issue on why the page gets blank. If no results are showing in there either, there are multiple possibilities:

- This issue is not related to email issues
- Your host may have disabled the error handler from the domain
- Your host did enabled the error handler but needs to be activated through php.ini file on your FTP

In either of those cases, I would suggest to read the alternate ways on viewing the error logs from the Essentials topic: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=165637

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by varnco » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:40 pm

Thanks for the recommendations... I spoke with bluehost, and they moved me back to php 5.4, and the customers started receiving their emails again... and now it's stopped again, and I'm still on PHP 5.4.

Another weird thing with email:

All emails always come into my email application (Thunderbird) on my desktop, but only SOME of my order emails will not forward, reply, or CC or BCC to another email. Example order #0001 I can forward just fine. Order #0002 will not forward. It acts as if it's forwarding, it's in my sent folder, by one will be received and the other not (and they're not ending up in spam).