Post by jasonk » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:36 am

I have modified the home.tpl and product.tpl by completing removing the right and left columns and creating a new css entries for the content classes, so that these two template pages are the only ones affected. Everything works great.

However, when you add a product to the basket it redirects you from the product page to the basket page as opposed to just sending the add product info to the basket module located in a column, leaving the customer on the page of the product they just added.

I do not want the to redirect the customer to the basket every time they add a product. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Thanks

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:46 am

I have modified the home.tpl and product.tpl by completing removing the right and left columns
it redirects you from the product page to the basket page as opposed to just sending the add product info to the basket module located in a column
kind of contradictory isn't it? if you removed the columns what column is the ajax supposed to go to? basically if you remove the right and left columns and don't have the shopping cart showing it can't do the ajax.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by jasonk » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:45 am

I think it would be contradictory if I said I removed the columns from all the .tpl files or the .content class and than yes the ajax would be pointless. There must be at least 40 or 50 other .tpl files other than home and product that are unaffected that continue to use the default .content class.

By removing the columns on the home page, in my opinion has given this page more area for marketing space with room for ads and a rotating jquary banner function I added.

By removing the columns from the product page and redesigning the layout, again in my opinion has made the product the main focus and no longer has to compete with the column information and thereby looks less busy, focuses the customer on the product faster, provides a real clean look and gives the extra room for the admin controlled YouTube hack I added to the product database table.

**@Dan and Q, your default look is great and I do love it but the products I am offering need to be the most important thing on the page, well when it comes to the product page and I need the room to display YouTube videos with most of the products.

My main background is marketing and product management and I am not bad with html and css but I am not a full on php programmer; however, I am somewhat php functional.

I am looking for some suggestions on how not to send the product page to the basket when a product is added from the add button.

Thanks!

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:44 pm

yes, but the add to cart button is on the product page thus removing the cart from that pages forces the use of a regular cart load instead of being able to use the ajax because there is no cart module available. Unless you are talking about the little add to cart buttons from 1.4.8, and it's been explained several times on the forums why those are not ajax.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:09 pm

It's been fixed :)

ImageImageImage

SEO MEGA KIT PLUS - Get your site ranking higher in the search engines
Better Product SEO URL's - Perfectly structured product links
SEO URL's Route Editor PRO - Make ANY url on your site have clean keywords - even third party extensions (remove index.php)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by tri1976 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 am

JAY6390 wrote:It's been fixed :)
I'm using 1.4.9 and every time I click on the little plus sign to add to cart, it brings me to the basket page.
Jasonk, did you figure out how to just add item to cart? Please give me some tips. :)

email: trile7 at gmail dot com
Checkout My Extensions