Post by jacquesy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:44 am

Hello

I am new to Opencart and I am using Opencart 2.2.0.0, I am wanting to place my SSL Seal on my webshop but I am becoming stuck. The seal is a Godaddy one and the code is below.

<span id="siteseal"><script type="text/javascript" src="https://seal.godaddy.com/getSeal?sealID ... ipt></span>

I am unsure which file to add this too and where exactly, I want it prominent so that users can see that I have a secured connection.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post by kirkhall » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:08 am

FIrst of all you are asking about 2.2 and you are in 1.5 area of the forum.

You can put it in catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/footer.tpl or ...../header.tpl but you will have to mess around with .css to get it lined up correctly. Or can insert in a welcome module and drop it in your front page somewhere.

I had this in my footer for a while and I don't recommend you put the godaddy seal anywhere. It fails to load or takes way too long to load a lot of the time and just slows down your site.

Customers are going to see that your site is secure when they go to the areas of the site that are supposed to be, it will show in the address bar...eg. my account, login, checkout etc.