Post by clinton4 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:58 am

Hi again :)

When using PayPal in test mode (sandbox), should the orders that are successfully made show up under the Order section in the OpenCart admin area? Because thay don't do that here.

Spam blocking PHP script, use it!

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:12 am

No. There is a long known problem with order completion in sandbox mode. It should work fine in live mode

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by clinton4 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:05 am

Okay, but do i need to setup or add some information under my real paypal account to get it working?

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:49 pm

no. Just plug your email address in. Honestly, paypal has made it such a mess to set up a sandbox. I am an experienced coder and webby and I get confused in paypals mess of a sandbox.. Their "Create a Seller account" hasn't work for over 3 years... and the developer forums just keep saying "ok we'll fix it, we'll fix it".

The reality is that you need to be somewhat advanced to make a Paypal Sandbox account, but those who are advanced enough to make one, know that they don't need one. So I would just go right to live mode and not worry about sandbox.

You want a sandbox?
Plug your email into live mode
Make a product for 1 cent
have a friend buy the item
done

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by toalettduck » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Too much trouble with sandbox option. Just add your email in live mode as the others say, worked perfectly for me. :)

Post by clinton4 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Okay, thanks :)

Post by entertheraptor » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Thanks heaps for the info :)

Location - Australia

Post by Saudi Bee » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Qphoria wrote:no. Just plug your email address in. Honestly, paypal has made it such a mess to set up a sandbox. I am an experienced coder and webby and I get confused in paypals mess of a sandbox.. Their "Create a Seller account" hasn't work for over 3 years... and the developer forums just keep saying "ok we'll fix it, we'll fix it".

The reality is that you need to be somewhat advanced to make a Paypal Sandbox account, but those who are advanced enough to make one, know that they don't need one. So I would just go right to live mode and not worry about sandbox.

You want a sandbox?
done
SMART !! VERY SMART :)

Post by Saudi Bee » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 pm

Qphoria wrote:no. Just plug your email address in. Honestly, paypal has made it such a mess to set up a sandbox. I am an experienced coder and webby and I get confused in paypals mess of a sandbox.. Their "Create a Seller account" hasn't work for over 3 years... and the developer forums just keep saying "ok we'll fix it, we'll fix it".

You want a sandbox?
done
I did this and it worked, I suggest that you make the orders status after payment pending , then cancel the orders so you do not lose real money