Post by johnnyvegas » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I have 1.5.6 running without problems for a good while now. I have not added or changed anything for months and all of a sudden I get a call from a customer telling me she has a problem trying to order.

I logged in as the customer and when going to the checkout I cannot get to the paypal checkout page.
I get a "page cannot be found" error.

I changed the payment setting from paypal express to paypal standard and this went through ok apart from not receiving notification from my website and it's not showing in the orders section. The payment goes through ok and I get notification from Paypal and it even has the invoice number on the paypal notice.... but nothing shows in my admin panel under orders and I do not get an email from my site.

This only happened 4 days ago, before that everything was running fine through paypal express.

I have contacted Paypal to see if they have a problem at the moment but I am waiting for a reply from them.

Has anyone else had this problem recently?

Post by soundzgood-nz » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Had a look under orders with 'Missing Orders' status?
Got IPN return url setup in your Paypal account?

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by johnnyvegas » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi, yes the return was set up a few years back.
I have just looked at all the API settings and all is ok, I have changed nothing in these settings at all.
Not heard anything from Paypal either.

Looked in missing orders and they are all there, the ones that failed and the ones that I got notification from paypal that the order had worked.

Post by johnnyvegas » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Still not sorted this folks if anyone can help.

Got this email from Paypal support: Thank you for contacting with PayPal MTS.

Your IPN are simply failing because teh server handling them on your side is giving us a response HTTP Response 404

404 is a frequently-seen status code that tells a Web user that a requested page is "Not found."

The URL is http://horsehairextensions.com/index.ph ... d/callback

Please contact with your server admin to check the error logs and figure out what is going on on the server side.

This is totally out of our reach as it is not happening on out servers.

Why would this suddenly stop working? I have had no reply from hosting provider what-so-ever.

I found this code in the paypal controller which refers to the URL so it should work.
$this->data['currency_code'] = $order_info['currency_code'];
$this->data['first_name'] = html_entity_decode($order_info['payment_firstname'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
$this->data['last_name'] = html_entity_decode($order_info['payment_lastname'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
$this->data['address1'] = html_entity_decode($order_info['payment_address_1'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
$this->data['address2'] = html_entity_decode($order_info['payment_address_2'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
$this->data['city'] = html_entity_decode($order_info['payment_city'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
$this->data['zip'] = html_entity_decode($order_info['payment_postcode'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
$this->data['country'] = $order_info['payment_iso_code_2'];
$this->data['email'] = $order_info['email'];
$this->data['invoice'] = $this->session->data['order_id'] . ' - ' . html_entity_decode($order_info['payment_firstname'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . ' ' . html_entity_decode($order_info['payment_lastname'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
$this->data['lc'] = $this->session->data['language'];
$this->data['return'] = $this->url->link('checkout/success');
$this->data['notify_url'] = $this->url->link('payment/pp_standard/callback', '', 'SSL');
$this->data['cancel_return'] = $this->url->link('checkout/checkout', '', 'SSL');
Last edited by straightlight on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added quote tags.

Post by soundzgood-nz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Are you using Paypal Express or Paypal Standard? Did you uninstall and then install and setup one or attempting to run both using same creds? Are you running the default cart Paypal modules or is the Express an extension? Are you sure the Paypal option in the checkout is actually Paypal Standard?

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by johnnyvegas » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:45 pm

I used to run paypal express from the default module of opencart. When this produced an error of page not found I changed to use the paypal standard from the default module. At least with method there was not a fault and I could receive payment, however the IPN's are failing and so no notification is received and the order ends up in the "missing" section.

Please remember both these methods worked fine for years up until the first week in November so something has changed somewhere.

Post by gethin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:53 pm

hey,

very interesting, the same thing has happened to me!! and around the same time too!! A week or so ago, a customer let me know they couldn't complete checkout as the paypal express leads to 'page not found' for some reason...
I haven't changed anything, and it's been working fine for 12+ months... API details all correct still.. completely stumped with where to even start..

Have you had any luck figuring it out??

I've also had to enable 'standard paypal' payments ..

cheers

Post by Eugene » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:24 am

Hello everybody.

I have the same problem with PayPal Express Checkout on OpenCart v.1.5.4.
The website was ok but now it is impossible to place an order. I switched to PayPal Standard and it seems to work fine, but I'd like to go back to PayPal Express Checkout (even if I'm not sure what the real difeerences are).

Does anyone have found a solution?

Thanks.

-- Do. Or do not. There is no try. --

www.yodastudio.com

Location - Dagobah

Post by whispers » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:10 am

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I have given up on Paypal Standard due to "missing" orders problem, so tried Express and get the Page not found error.

I am about to give up on trying to use Paypal altogether at this rate as there doesn't seem to be any actual answers anywhere just a lot of forgotten threads with the same problems!

Post by panjijaya » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Hii,
Anyone ever find a slution with this problem? i get confused to.
I have the same problem with PayPal Express Checkout on OpenCart v.2.1.0.2

Regards,
Panji