Post by debbiekipt » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi everyone!
I have V 1.5.6.4 opencart installation with Journal 2 Theme and in tying to solve a problem where I cannot share blog or product pages via facebook share.

In trying to solve this I used http://www.redirect-checker.org/index.php as my host reports a 200 status for the test page, but we get a 302 - in fact 19 x 302's for every page on the site!

The host suggests this could be due to OC seo urls or an additional module?

Has anyone else experienced this?
Any suggestions for a solution appreciated!

Post by craigmanderson » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:42 am

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem.
We have Multisite configured and have 3 domains.
We are also using SEO URLS but have a few SEO extensions too as well as Error Page manager which does redirects from our legacy site to our new site.
Our SEO company told us our site was a complete mess as we had 302 redirects going everywhere.
They also told us that the Tag System on the products was creating some 20K search results as we didn't have a robot.txt file to tell google to not crawl them... We through a SiteMap was cool which doesn't have all these links but evidently it is not enough to prevent google from finding a lot of random, meaningless search results on our site.

Anyhow, We have spent countless hours trying to look at DNS settings, multisite settings, and extensions. We recently put the site on Amazon CDN. The 302's were identified shortly after that but we really have no clue if it is related as that's just when the SEO evaluation started.

We are also on 1.5.6.4 as we started the project right before 2.0 came out.
Any help would be appreciated if someone has had and resolved this problem in the past.
We'll continue researching this and once we resolve issue we'll ensure to post back the resolution.
Craig

Post by debbiekipt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Still trying to resolve this and confusingly (for me) google speed page insights reports no landing page redirects for the site?

Is it usual for one redirect checker to report no redirects but another report 19 x 302 redirects for the same page?

Anyone help shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Post by debbiekipt » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:09 am

Hi Craig - for some reason I only just saw your reply after I posted my update this morning.

I still have no solution yet, but at least we each know we are not alone in this!

I will post any solution I find here also.

Here's to it being soon!

Post by debbiekipt » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:54 am

Bump please!

Nearly a month on and still no closer to finding a solution :-(
Anyone else running opencart V 1.5.6.4 with Journal 2 Theme got this or NOT got it?

Post by debbiekipt » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:22 pm

It turns out this was caused by currency to country mod, when we switch the mod off, the issue goes away.

I hope this might help someone else!