Post by tom327 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:03 pm

I am using Opencart 1.5.6.4

In the Admin, and on the products page I am getting an error when I try to copy a product.

I select product, and press Copy button.

The screen goes white with only the following error message:

Code: Select all

Warning: Illegal string offset 'layout_id' in /home/mysite/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_model_catalog_product.php on line 107

Warning: Illegal string offset 'layout_id' in /home/mysite/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_model_catalog_product.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/admin/index.php:85) in /home/mysite/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/admin/index.php:85) in /home/mysite/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29
Can anyone suggest a solution, or something I can check?

I made a simple test product that I CAN copy without error.

The products I can not copy have:
Product Options set
A layout override set in Design tab.

Could either of those things be leading to the error?

Post by deepvision » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Try to disable a mod related to products.

ImageImageImage

Post by tom327 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:37 am

Thank you for your suggestion.

I started disabling modules one by one, but I was still getting the error.

But, then tried I something else.

On the product's page in the admin, under the Design Tab, I had a custom layout override set.

I removed the override, just setting it to the default blank.

And this solved the problem. I was able to copy the product without any error.

Not sure why this is happening. I also then tried setting the override to the built in "Product" layout, and also got the error.

Well, if anyone else has this problem that is one thing to check if you have a layout override set for product.

If anyone has any other information to add to this I would be curious to find out if this is some type of bug?