Post by stokeyblokey » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi everyone,

We have recently moved to Kaspersky Internet Security and this morning I discovered that it appears the in-built Anti-Banner module in Kaspersky completely stops the default Slideshow from displaying images (see pic):
broken_slideshow.jpg

broken_slideshow.jpg (7.18 KiB) Viewed 659 times

This is the setting in Kaspersky which must be turned off to re-enable to Slideshow:
The_culprit.jpg

The_culprit.jpg (51.62 KiB) Viewed 659 times

And this is what it normally looks like when Anti-Banner is turned off:
working_slideshow.jpg

working_slideshow.jpg (61.54 KiB) Viewed 659 times

Now as most people don't ever change the configuration of their antivirus/firewall, is there any way to exclude the default Slideshow module from being blocked like this? The other (static) banners all seem to display fine...

I have also posted on the Kaspersky forums, will update if I hear anything back ;)

Cheers,

Stokey

Stokey

Post by agatha65 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:39 am

Check your slideshow image file names. Are they called banner1,banner2..
I had similar issue with ad blocker and the problem was the name of the file banner.js

Print Version for Product Page and Product Compare Page | Rich Snippets | Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags | Information pages in top menu | Multi-Language Banners, Sliders and Carousels

Location - Canada, QC

Post by stokeyblokey » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reply :)

I did try renaming the banners (the actual images were all called something innocuous without banner in) but it made no difference. None of the .js files seem to have banner in the name either, so I guess Kaspersky is somehow picking up on the functionality of the slideshow and blocking that...

I don't know enough about coding to work that out so I will investigate another slideshow module for comparison purposes.

Cheers,

Stokey

Stokey