Post by Brook » Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 am

Does anyone have any OpenCart Documentation on User Permissions.

I am wanting to setup muliple user groups each that has different user permissions.
Ex.
1) A user group that can place order and view order history (ex. everyday customers)
2) A user group that can view existing orders
3) A user group that can both view and update existing orders
4) A user group that can add new users and modify existing users
I am sure I would create more user groups if I understood what each user permission choice allows...

I understand that if I go to Admin--> System --> Users --> User Groups
Create a new User Group or Modify an Existing User Group
Select a checkbox next to which module a user group should have access to Ex. "access" or "modify"

What I don't know is what permissions are granted to the user group with different check of a check box in either the "access" or "modify" listbox. Does anyone have any documentation explaining what rights a user has once a user has been granted rights to a specific module?

Any help would be appreciated

Post by Xsecrets » Tue May 18, 2010 6:00 am

it's fairly simple access allows them to open whatever it is and view it, but they cannot save any changes. Modify allows them to make changes and save them. As far as I know there's no full breakdown of what each one is, but if you look at what it says you can figure it out. for example module/featured will be extensions->modules if a user has no permissions to module/featured they will get a permissions error when they click edit. If they have access permissions they will see the options when they click edit, but if they try to change them and click save they will get a permissions error. if you look in the address bar as you are browsing around the admin you will see something like route=sale/order the last part of that will match up with the options in the user groups.

You mentioned regular customers, please note that the users and groups under the settings tabs is completely separate from customers it's only for admin users.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by pctechcomputers » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Dear Sir,

The main question is yet not answered,
The question was how to provide specific permission to the user groups.

1-Suppose we enable Access Permission Module then the particular user group will be able to view those modules after loging into the account.

2-And when we enable Modify Permission options to that User Group then the particular will be able to Create/edit/delete
the items also.

The Problem here is that when we are enabling some Modules to Modify checkbox then the users are able to do Create/Edit/delete but we want only to Create or Edit r Delete Otherwise Create & Edit Only.

Please Reply This Post asap.

Post by masteryoda » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 pm

pctechcomputers wrote:Dear Sir,

The main question is yet not answered,
The question was how to provide specific permission to the user groups.

1-Suppose we enable Access Permission Module then the particular user group will be able to view those modules after loging into the account.

2-And when we enable Modify Permission options to that User Group then the particular will be able to Create/edit/delete
the items also.

The Problem here is that when we are enabling some Modules to Modify checkbox then the users are able to do Create/Edit/delete but we want only to Create or Edit r Delete Otherwise Create & Edit Only.

Please Reply This Post asap.
Do not have an answer that will write, I expect the answer to this