Post by robster » Wed May 27, 2015 6:21 pm

OK so maybe I am over thinking this but I have searched the forum and cannot find a positive solution to this:

When listing a product there is a field for stating the quantity of the item available under the 'Data' tab. However on some products I am using options that have their own quantities fields. So for example I have the following options:

green - qty 30
blue - qty 40
red - qty 25

My question is for those products that use options that I want to track quantities of, what should I put in the main (Data tab') quantity field.

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by grgr » Wed May 27, 2015 10:19 pm

The sum total.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Location - UK

Post by robster » Wed May 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Yep - thanks. Does that mean that when a product with option a is sold then the quantity available of that option will decrease by 1 both in the options tab as well as the main data tab?

What would be cool would be if any products with options quantities set would then hide the Availability status on the main product page as that is a bit misleading to the customer. For example if they wanted to buy a green option and there was zero left then the Availability figure on the main product page would still be showing a quantity. :-[

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK