Post by fbm247 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:24 pm

I've been battling a problem for the last couple days, I have searched the forums and found similar but not the same errors and worked my way through solutions which have been posted. I have also got my server guys looking into the issue with no joy so far.

The error is isloated to the latest version of IE as far as I can tell from my testing so far.

First a quick summary,

A user logs in and goes through checkout, they then get this error when they click continue on Step 2 stopping them from continuing onto Step 3.

I have checked the tmp folder permissions and they are 777. The strange thing with this error is, if you clear the browser cache and login again it works, it's only the next day I can replicate it again when I come back to the site, it's almost like IE cache has a session stored which can't talk to or find the same session stored on the server. Clear cache rinse repeat like clockwork every day.

Site has been running fine for the last 4 years on the same host, which is a managed VPS service. The first reports of the problem started around the 16th April and the only solution so far is to clear cache to overcome the error but then it comes back the next time they come back to the site.

Running opencart 1.5.5.1

No new mods or changes as far as I can remember around the date the problem started.

Any suggestions?

Post by rph » Fri May 01, 2015 2:32 am

Your website is failing when it tries to create session files. This can be caused from running out of hard drive space or having too many session files. Contact your host. They should be able to assist you with finding the cause.

You can also check out http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... =0#p217012 though it shouldn't apply for your OpenCart version unless you upgraded or changed php.ini values.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska