Post by ggrant3 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:34 pm

I have installed a few mod's, all VQMOD's, love the simplicity of those.

But I want to have our site configured better for a cell/mobile phone/tablet, etc...

I read somewhere that I would need a "responsive" theme, is that correct?

The reason I ask is because when I go to the Extensions area to search for a responsive theme, I can't seem to find much at all that mentions it is responsive or for mobile/cell phones. I figured this would be a hot topic and there would be many options out there to choose from. But I am starting to wonder if I am looking up the wrong term.

I have found maybe two that mention they are responsive and neither one has sales or comments or votes and hasn't been updated at all since its release. So I am hesitant to try those. I don't want to spend money on something that won't work and screws up my site.

Am I looking up the wrong term or phrase for this?

I have OC version 1.5.5.1 and would prefer a VQMOD

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:55 am

> I figured this would be a hot topic and there would be many options out there to choose from <

It is a hot topic, all over the Web, not only at the extension place on OC. But possibly, you overestimate the will of many, to just give away their knowlodge and wisdom to others, possibly even free of charge. This is a mixed Forum, and a mixed Public, using it. But most of them have ONE THING in Common, they all try to create an income, to survive, in one or the other way.

Search by Google, of check the links, usually related to some Sites,offering free or paid Themes, you find a variety of Site-Themes, possibly matching your needs.

Good Luck
Ernie
bigmax.ch/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ggrant3 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:47 am

Thanks for the information.

Never expected to find them for free at all. Just surprised I couldn't find more of them in general.

I'll look around the web and see what I come up with.

Post by fsas » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi

I found a few.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC[/url]

I have not installed any of them yet so I cannot give you any personal review comments. You can list them for price if you want so you can first try a free one to see if it does what you want it to do.

greetings, Anjo

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:55 am

Just DO NOT expect too much, the Problem is not only the THEME, used, the Problems will start, trying to install Modifications/Add-On's, not beeing capable to 'follow' the Rules. Banner Mods, Logo's, whatever, evrything has to be taken into consideration, if one really want's to have a well done Phone Display.

One could SAVE a lot of WORK, if one set's up a Shop in the 800x600px. Layout, to start with. Then, Google would not longer write nasty Mails, either, informing, that the Site would not longer be indexed favourably under Phone-compatible Listings, at least. If you know, what I mean...

Just to mention it! ;)
Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by fsas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:13 am

IP_CAM wrote: One could SAVE a lot of WORK, if one set's up a Shop in the 800x600px. Layout, to start with.
Ernie
Hi Ernie. Could you give a hint on how to set up a Shop in the 800x600 resolution for OC1.5? Can I do that in the admin or should I dive into some code (and if so, which file(s))?

greetings, Anjo

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:47 am

Sure, just reset your Video Display to 800x600pc Screen View, start Your Browser, visit your Shop-Site, and then, start to "rewrite" your Stylesheet.css Content, accordingly, where you find FIXED values, exeeding the 'valid' Size, and therefore breaking your nice Shop View into a lousy looking picture. Among a few other 'things...'

It's really very easy to do. Like changing a Camshaft, on an automobile. If your'e a Mechanic, and you have/use the right Tools. Usually. I was Mechanic too, decades ago, but only on Motorcycles, and changing Camshafts (it had 2) on a Honda 450 was easy, exept, if the very small, long, and expensive chain, endless built, without a locking clip, fell down to the ground of the engine, during the try, to make one piece out of it again, when trying to push the pin back into it's exact position, a highly delicate operation. on a up to 10K rpm. Engine. Otherways, it was a very tough Job, to just get a hold of the chain, again. Without splitting the Bottom Case apart...

It has some similarity with OC, what I wrote. if you know, what I'm trying to tell you ;)
Good Luck
Ernie
Last edited by IP_CAM on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by fsas » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:40 am

I see what you mean. I will certainly give it a go. Nowadays its important (I think) to be present on mobile devices.

thanks for your help!

greetings, Anjo