Post by snakehult » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Anyone that have an idea how to limit a combination of product and option from certain shippingalternative?

I want to restrict product A with option 1, but not product A with option 2.
Using option_boost to add new sku to product in cart.

So my thought is to limit by sku in shipping module code. But where?

Static modification to code would do nice.
Already using "restrict shipping methods" but that only work for whole product.

/Markus

Markus Edholm
ME fix IT AB
Facebook
mefixit.se

Post by Johnathan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:19 pm

I have plans to create an Ultimate version of my restrictions extensions (so it would combine Restrict Shipping Methods and Restrict Payment Methods, along with adding Option rules) but I'm not sure when that will be out.

For now, you could use Ultimate Shipping to create your shipping rates, and restrict by option that way. If you use formula rates you can set them up directly in the extension, or if you use live rates (like UPS or Fedex), you can request rates within Ultimate Shipping from other shipping methods. You can then restrict those rates via Rules.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

If you prefer to hire someone to create a mod specifically for your needs, and you need to find a developer, I recommend you post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area if you haven't already.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator