Post by hmf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:53 am

I am setting up a second store where items can only be purchased with Rewards Points.

Is there a way not to have a price on these? At the moment I have them all set for an astronomical $1000 so that no one accidentally buys them.

hmf

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:43 am

it would have to be a VqMod, checking, it Reward (and how many, eventually) Points exist.
If this Status is 'true', it would replace the Price with ...whatever.

BUT, how about anything else, related to an order? it's a basic redesign of quite a lot of functions in OC.

If you 'require' such an Option, you better create another Shop, with it's own DB, and do such with an 'optimized' Version, handling Reward-Point sales only. But it will cost you a lot of bread, to get something like this 'done', i assume...

Ernie
bigmax.ch/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by hmf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 am

I did create a second store just for these items. But I was still left with having to put a price in the field so I'm trying to figure out a way around that.

Can I edit out the price field in the back end files?

hmf

Post by robocop1953 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Experiencing the same problem ... setting up a 'multi-store' that operates on a 'points' system only and not money in order to 'purchase'. I now see that the O/C 'reward points' option is meant only to PROVIDE points once a customer makes a purchase but does not enable the customer to APPLY points to purchase that product. So apparently the 'rewards points' function is not going to do what is needed? Would be helpful to see a working example if one exists somewhere.

Post by hmf » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:54 pm

You are able to give customers points in the back end. That's one of the reasons I went with two stores.

On my end, these are people that will be earning points from March - December by participating in events. In December, we will tally up the points and their names and I am going to import everything. I did test the customer import and it worked fine, but I can't for the life of me remember if I was able to get the points import working.

I may have seen an extension that would allow for that though.

I'd still love to know how to remove the price so they can only buy with points as well.

hmf

Post by siptec » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:29 am

Any solutions for this? This would be a good extension.

Post by cautiousjonny » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:01 am

I am also looking for a way to do this. An extension would still be incredibly helpful in 2021. The closest I found is here:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=5232