Post by grtt » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Hello,

I've just installed opencart...As I couldn't find a language file for current version I did use an older language file and I have partially made a few changes wherever need.
However, while in English products are added to the basket, in Greek, the basket remains empty, no error is shown. I think it has something to do with the language files but if that is the case could you tell me what exactly is wrong and to which files I should have a look?

Thank you!
Last edited by grtt on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by i2Paq » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm

I think you made errors in adjusting the outdated language-files.

As the latest version of OpenCart has a fall-back which means it will use the English parts when a Greek part is missing I suggest you replace the current Greek language files with the original outdated ones and test to see if it works.

If it works you need to follow the guide I made to update these outdated files : [HOW To] Upgrade older languages to current OC version.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by grtt » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:46 pm

Thanks for your reply, however I have started thinking that something is else is wrong and I cannot figure out what! I mean I've even deleted the Greek files and I've just copied the english ones to the greek directory. So basically both English and Greek directories contained identical files. Even so, when I am in Greek (which are the original english files in fact) products are not showing up, even if I add them when I am in ENglish they disappear when I switch to Greek!

ANy ideas?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by i2Paq » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am

That is not the way to go.

This will make it more difficult to find what is wrong.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by oz457 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:21 am

I seem to have the same problems with the Dutch language files I downloaded for version 1.4.7.

Note that I upgraded from an older version. After the upgrade, there are no products added to the cart of the Dutch language section of the website.

I deleted all the files of the /admin/languages/dutch and /catalog/languages/dutch and replaced with the language files from i2Paq.

As I have been trying to debug, I deleted the language files in /admin/languages/dutch and /catalog/languages/dutch, and copied the above English directories to the dutch directories. I just copied the dutch.php file... no products can be added...
Found no errors in the error log.
Dutch and French languages have been disabled on the website until I find a solution.

If there is any more debugging possible, please let me know. I2paq, let me know if you absolutely need access to the server. I can grant you access if you want to do any debugging, but please leave me a personal message.

Any idea?
Last edited by oz457 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 am

This is likely related to weight class. Be sure when you edit your products that you have a weight class set and save it. Also check that System->Localisation->Order Status has values for each language.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by oz457 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:45 am

Hi Qphoria,

BINGO:
I solved the problem by going to System/Localisation/Weight Class.

Took the default settings and found the Weight title and Weight unit in the language sections were left empty.

Corrected the problem. I guess many people who are upgrading their version will be confronted with this problem.

Thaks

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:33 am

Post by oz457 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:59 am

To I2Paq;

Please add the following message to your language installation instructions:
go to System/Localisation/Weight Class after installation

and add a Weight title and Weight unit name in the language added language...

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 am

oz457 wrote:Hi Qphoria,

BINGO:
I solved the problem by going to System/Localisation/Weight Class.

Took the default settings and found the Weight title and Weight unit in the language sections were left empty.

Corrected the problem. I guess many people who are upgrading their version will be confronted with this problem.

Thaks
Yea, its a bug in the upgrade script. I made it work for english but forgot about people with other languages.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests