Post by WaltonCreative » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:31 pm

I have been sent an email from Sagepay saying I need to upgrade from protocol version 2.23 to v3.

Following a very long unhelpful conversation with Sagepay I think I need to ask you what exactly am I meant to do as they say to contact OpenCart for instructions - the link in their email doesn't work as it says this:

http://localhost:%20http:/www.opencart.com/index.php?route=support/contactContact%20OpenCart%20directly&utm_campaign=V3+compliance+2015&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=15695678&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_NbMmfOxQmC-M0R-ef-RyR2aAt_eZNB4F2iXrwvlGWP-6mZXODCQ7pDPv5XTJX9dJzSlqi0EwXLUG0gr0Vj0bpMjATQmWUNQK5h_PvFDamZwskXQs&_hsmi=15695678

Which doesn't go anywhere.

They have sent a complicated 11 page PDF guide of what to do, but I am sure this is way beyond most people's understanding. You can see it here:

https://www.sagepay.co.uk/file/10286/do ... YDB2Umq4rs

SURELY the answer would be to change some of the sagepay files within opencart ( catalog > controller > payment > sagepay.php ? )

I have downloaded the latest version of opencart which has three sagepay files in it: sagepay_direct.php, sagepay_server.php and sagepay_us.php but NOT the updated version of the one I think it uses which is just called sagepay.php

Do I need to re-buy a sagepay extension for protocol v3? which one do I need???

There seem to be lots in your extensions. I don't recall needing to use an extra extension last time as I thought I had used it straight from OpenCart's files.

How do I tell WHICH of my "sagepay" titled files in the payment folder is the one to change anyway???

Sorry. I am very much left in the dark. I hope you can help.

(I am from the UK by the way so presume sagepay_us.php is NOT the right one either)
I have attached the three of the four sagepay titled documents from my payments folder for reference, sagepay_us.php is the missing one as I can only send 3 files.
I am using Opencart version 1.5.4 which has had lots of changes done to various files, so upgrading will not be a simple job I'm afraid.

Post by soundzgood-nz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:32 am

Have a look in the Extensions area ... there is a free sagepay_v3 for server/direct that can be used. You just upload and enter credentials. I'm not sure if there is a free sagepay_v3 for Form ... probably is. Pays to get a test account too so you can check it all works ... v3 doesn't work with Sagepay Simulator yet so you need a test account. And yes I'm referring to Sagepay UK not US.

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by WaltonCreative » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Thanks Simon, that's helpful.

Why didn't SagePay just put a link to the download? Doh!

Post by soundzgood-nz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Here's the module I was referring to that I've used and works fine (and covers Form/Server/Direct versions):
sagepay (uk) v3 extension - free

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by WaltonCreative » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:16 pm

BRILLIANT! thanks - works a treat.

For other users it might be worth going into the older version you have of SagePay in Admin > Extensions > Payments > SagePay. Then take a screen shot as you will need the password which is visible to see to use in the new version.

Thanks again.

Post by cau96176 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:18 am

Does anyone have any instructions on what to alter in the original Sagepay files rather than simply adding the extension for V3?

The reason for asking is I also have a Finance option which take SagePay as the deposit and it is coded into the Finance Module.

Knowing if there were a few lines needing altered rather than installing the SagePay V3 then having to work out how to implement this in the Finance Module would help me out a great deal!!

Cheers!!

Post by PeteA » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:10 pm

soundzgood-nz wrote:Here's the module I was referring to that I've used and works fine (and covers Form/Server/Direct versions):
sagepay (uk) v3 extension - free

Simon
We've been using this too (since November) and it runs without any real tweaks. I have VQMod'd it to force TLSv1, remove the cards we don't allow and add in some pre-POST validation but that's pretty much it.

One thing I will add is that it doesn't provide any mechanisms for managing stored card numbers (tokens) for either the customer or the admin. I intend to create something at some point to handle this but would advice caution as the number of stored tokens could rapidly spiral out of control!