Post by f1br3opt1c » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to set OPENCART not subtract stock for "PENDING" orders?

This is because i use a credit card processor as my payment option and many clowns love to "TEST" the site out by putting in wrong credit card informations, etc just to see how the process of ordering is. This automatically sets the order to PENDING on my site and the item that they choose gets locked into their order and goes out of stock on my website (for products that only have 1 quantity).

This way i would prefer is opencart does not subtract stock for PENDING orders. Is there anyway i can do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by soundzgood-nz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:49 pm

So you're doing the payment processing after the order is received into the admin? Otherwise, you may as well allow all checkouts regardless of stock levels (which can be set in the admin > settings > option > stock checkout = yes.

Simon

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 pm
Location - New Zealand

Post by f1br3opt1c » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:07 pm

soundzgood-nz wrote:So you're doing the payment processing after the order is received into the admin? Otherwise, you may as well allow all checkouts regardless of stock levels (which can be set in the admin > settings > option > stock checkout = yes.

Simon
No i usually require payment right away but the payment module supplied to me by my payment processor does not have to option like paypal for orders to go under the "Missing Orders" if it was not paid. It only let me set what status i would like to set my orders if the payment failed so i set them to PENDING.

If i set it to STOCK CHECKOUT = YES, i'm afraid customers will over order on products that i have limited stock. Is there any other way around this?

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by soundzgood-nz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:03 am

'Missing orders' isn't an option it's a mistake often caused by some other 3rd party extension. If this is the case then disabling stock count won't help.

So is this right: you want to accept all orders but disable the stock count even though you limited stock in some items anyway, so essentially legit successful orders and "clowns" can purchase the same stuff and over order?

(Not making much sense to me ...)

Fix the cause of the failed orders I'd say.

Simon

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 pm
Location - New Zealand

Post by f1br3opt1c » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:01 am

soundzgood-nz wrote:'Missing orders' isn't an option it's a mistake often caused by some other 3rd party extension. If this is the case then disabling stock count won't help.

So is this right: you want to accept all orders but disable the stock count even though you limited stock in some items anyway, so essentially legit successful orders and "clowns" can purchase the same stuff and over order?

(Not making much sense to me ...)

Fix the cause of the failed orders I'd say.

Simon
No Sir, i don't think you get what i mean.

These pending orders i have to delete them hourly. Once i go to sleep or go out the house and get back, i get like 5-20 of these pending orders. These PENDING orders seldom got paid for. Actually they never get paid for.

The same person usually reorders a new order and pays for it. So there will be like 3 PENDING orders under their name (the orders they tested with) and 1 processing order(the order they actually paid for).

The question i am asking is, can i get opencart to not subtract stock for PENDING orders. That's it. (the same question in my first post)

I want to run my business on a first come first serve basis rather than allowing customers to reserve items by having submit an order but not pay for it yet.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by soundzgood-nz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:39 pm

Fix your payment module - it's causing errors. The cart shouldn't be receiving multiple orders from the same person. That sounds like the old Paypal Standard IPN situation. What's the payment module?

If all of your orders are coming through as 'pending' how would not subtracting stock help? You'd still have the issue of not being able to tell which orders are real and which are mistakes and the 'real' orders wouldn't be reducing your stock levels.

Simon

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 pm
Location - New Zealand

Post by f1br3opt1c » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm

soundzgood-nz wrote:Fix your payment module - it's causing errors. The cart shouldn't be receiving multiple orders from the same person. That sounds like the old Paypal Standard IPN situation. What's the payment module?

If all of your orders are coming through as 'pending' how would not subtracting stock help? You'd still have the issue of not being able to tell which orders are real and which are mistakes and the 'real' orders wouldn't be reducing your stock levels.

Simon
Orders that are successfully paid for will be set to processing thats how i know.

Okay ill get in touch with them.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 24, 2013 5:36 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 25 guests