Post by granddaddy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:19 pm

According to this extension, I should post questions to the forum, so here goes...

I am using pprmkr tracker version 3.6, on opencart 1.5.1.3 and it appear to be fully compatible and doing it's job well except for one problem:

For some reason, it is not flagging visitors as 'bots' when it should do. I have examined the php code and can find no faults in it. I am definitely getting visits from bots which contain the exact same strings in the referrer that are in the bots array, but the tracker code is not marking them as bots. I have also checked the DB table and it has a zero value in the bot field for all visitors including bots.

Any clues as to what might be causing this?

Post by pprmkr » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:56 pm

When known bots are entered in Extensions - Modules - PprMkr Tracker, the report should flag visiting bots.

Can I have a look ?

Location - Netherlands

Post by granddaddy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Yes, here are shots of the report and the settings. You can see Baiduspider for example is not showing as a bot but the exact same string is in the settings.
shot1.jpg

shot1.jpg (113.71 KiB) Viewed 511 times

shot2.jpg

shot2.jpg (81.13 KiB) Viewed 511 times

Post by pprmkr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:24 am

Also missing country informations ?
Should look like this:
tracker_report_demo.jpg

tracker_report_demo.jpg (58.59 KiB) Viewed 507 times

It's exact same version 3.6

Location - Netherlands

Post by granddaddy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:43 am

Sorry I should have mentioned I made a slight change to the report tpl just to remove...
1. The link on the IP address
2. The country after the IP address
3. The link on the referrer
Apart from those simple changes I didn't alter anything else.
I've only just made those changes - the bot problem was occurring before the changes aswell as after.

Post by granddaddy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:20 am

I found the reason...
When setting up the module after install, I didn't need to change any of the settings so I didn't click the Save button (I assumed it was already reading settings from the settings table). On checking the settings table I found there were no tracker entries. So it was testing each bot against an empty array.
So I've now clicked the save button and re-tested the report. The bots are now being properly marked. Problem solved.