Post by astott2014 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks a LOT both of you for helping me.

1. So we can confirm that my vqmod is working correctly now, even though I am getting the index permissions message? I have been pulling my hair out all day thinking I have buggered everything up ??? . I take it no one else has any recommendations for me now?

2. I am still very confused with the "editing the module" and editing the "script" to make changes, on an older website I had, when I tried to change some of the CSS script, it clashed with the changes I made on the module and I had a few problems - ended up scrapping the website! So lets say I changed the header colour to red on the module, then changed it to blue on the css file - what would happen?

Post by soundzgood-nz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:55 am

You need someone to assist you directly with your site ... there's too big a gap between what can be diagnosed here and what your site is running. As mentioned you're using a template that isn't adjusted simply by the 2 suggestions (css, vqmod xml) made. Vqmod issues are outside of this thread and if it has been working shouldn't be any part of the op.

I'd suggest contacting the template authors re the original concern - they would be able to make the change you want quickly. If you've got vqmod issues then a oc developer shouldn't take long in straightening those out too.

Guessing via forum isn't going to help your site.

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by Dhaupin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:24 am

Journal theme has a place for custom CSS. Goto the theme settings, then click "custom code" then click CSS. Paste in the CSS from above, boom a 20 second fix.

Indeed it is good to get vQmod running too, but using xml for this CSS fix is a massive overkill.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by astott2014 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:30 am

Dhaupin wrote:Journal theme has a place for custom CSS. Goto the theme settings, then click "custom code" then click CSS. Paste in the CSS from above, boom a 20 second fix.

Indeed it is good to get vQmod running too, but using xml for this CSS fix is a massive overkill.
We have a winner! Worked instantly.. What a simple way of doing it. Thanks very much :) .

And hey, what's wrong with my Vqmod everyone is saying lol? I thought it was fine.. no?

Post by soundzgood-nz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 am

Good idea Dhaupin ... does the custom code remain if eg a user updates the template files?

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by Dhaupin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:08 am

Cool glad it worked :)

@Simon I'm not sure how journal works when it comes to settings. I would think it stores the custom css somewhere on db to preserve it during upgrade.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by astott2014 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:54 am

Can someone please let me know if my vqmod is still incorrect or not please?

From what I have gathered in all of this, I was given a xml file to change my menu colour - but it didn't work, therefore we thought it was my vqmod. But now we figured it because I am using a "complicated template".

We also thought the vqmod was incorrect because it was displaying the index permission message when going to /vqmod/install. But wasn't the case that it shouldn't be showing the success message again?

Maybe I am missing something.. but you guys have worried me ??? .

Post by soundzgood-nz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Maybe start a new thread ... the vqmod xml I attached won't work for you n your template for reasons discussed.

The reason I provided a vqmod xml is because 1) css changes can't be made via vqmod 2) it's simple uploading a vqmod xml to a directory than hacking code. In the end Dhaupin had the best solution which is to use the template's custom code area itself.

If you're already using vqmod for other extensions I'm not sure why you're concerned.

One way to check it is to install vqmod manager which is a useful extension that'll show you any vqmod specific errors too, which you can get from here for free --- it uses vqmod itself to run of course :)

If you already have this or other vqmod mod extensions working then not sure of what the issue is.

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by webvet » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:11 am

I suspect your vqmod is working correctly - the error appears related to the change in admin folder name.

I changed my admin folder, vqmod worked correctly, but when I visited my domain.com/vqmod/install address I received the error you have.

I changed my admin folder back to 'admin' and vqmod still worked, and the success message was provided on running the installer.

Your issue appears to be purely down to the template.

Genuine, Honest Opencart Support @ http://webvetservices.com

Location - Shropshire, UK

Post by astott2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:31 am

webvet wrote:I suspect your vqmod is working correctly - the error appears related to the change in admin folder name.

I changed my admin folder, vqmod worked correctly, but when I visited my domain.com/vqmod/install address I received the error you have.

I changed my admin folder back to 'admin' and vqmod still worked, and the success message was provided on running the installer.

Your issue appears to be purely down to the template.
Thanks for clearing that one up for me, I can relax :) .

Thanks also, to anyone else who helped me within the thread.

Post by astott2014 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:39 am

Dhaupin wrote:You can do it with CSS very easily by targeting the contents of the link:

Code: Select all

.journal-menu .drop-down a[href$="path=65"] {
color: #CB0505;
font-weight: bold;
}
I have recently changed my menu slightly and can't seem to find how to adapt the CSS code above to change my "SALE" menu link RED.

I been trying to figure it out in Element Inspector but not of my changes are working. Could someone please let me know the change?
Last edited by astott2014 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Dhaupin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:25 pm

all you need to do is change "path=65" into whatever your sale link is. So in this case, its another category #63

.journal-menu .drop-down a[href$="path=63"] {
}

Location - PA

Post by astott2014 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:31 am

Dhaupin wrote:all you need to do is change "path=65" into whatever your sale link is. So in this case, its another category #63

.journal-menu .drop-down a[href$="path=63"] {
}
Why didn't I think of that ??? . Thank's Dhaupin, very helpful :) .

Post by Dhaupin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:04 pm

No prob :) If you need to use this in the future with other links (a href), you can just change the part in the quotes. So lets say you had a link for something like login/logout instead of categories:

a[href$="/account/login"] {
  /* my styles here */
}
The part with $= means it's a broad search, so a link with a url that contains example.com/account/login/asdf/haha/test would also turn red. If you need more selectors like this, here is an awesome article: http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/the- ... -net-16048

Location - PA

Post by astott2014 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:41 am

Dhaupin wrote:No prob :) If you need to use this in the future with other links (a href), you can just change the part in the quotes. So lets say you had a link for something like login/logout instead of categories:

a[href$="/account/login"] {
  /* my styles here */
}
The part with $= means it's a broad search, so a link with a url that contains example.com/account/login/asdf/haha/test would also turn red. If you need more selectors like this, here is an awesome article: http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/the- ... -net-16048
Thanks for that Dhaupin, very helpful indeed. I have noted that down incase I make any future changes :) .

Post by lemonie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:17 am

Hi .. I have added the following to make the font for my sale red but it is not working? I have changed the category id.

.journal-menu .drop-down a[href$="path=113"] {
}

http://stinkytink.co.uk/