Post by fdarn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:54 am

I had been using Googling and searching this board.

I am finding lots of inform on how to change the text in the buttons and how to change the color of the buttons.

I can not find one shred of info on how to change the buttons themselves. Can we not add our own button graphics?

Thank you,
Fred

Post by soundzgood-nz » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:04 am

Do you have an example of what you mean by 'button graphics'?
I use css imageless buttons and there are generators that can create the css for you that'll allow you to change many different things (color, size, text style etc) - maybe this css button generator would help ?

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by fdarn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:04 am

test.jpg

test.jpg (9.39 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Here is an example. Currently we are using the default buttons. What if I wanted to use a button like this?

Post by soundzgood-nz » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:42 am

The default buttons are backgrounds that 'shift' on hover, so if you want to abandon that hover effect then you could just replace the button background and remove the value text that gets overlaid ... check here: /catalog/view/theme/default/image/button.png
Bit of a job replacing image buttons throughout a cart .... alot easier using css based buttons :)

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by fdarn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:02 am

That is what I thought. Its not really an option to change the button images in Opencart. Only the color and wording are meant to be changed.

I have changed the hover color many times but I am just not satisfied with it. I want to use a fancier button graphic.

Post by soundzgood-nz » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:10 am

You'd also want a set of buttons in the same style. To swap them out is possible, a few things to consider beforehand. Hence css buttons ... can be consistent.

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by granddaddy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:28 am

Here's a set of buttons I use. I've turned them red for you so it better fits your theme.
You put the 4 images into:
catalog\view\theme\-yourtheme-\image
Back up the exisitn images first.
There is also a text file included in the zip showing the CSS changes for text colours.

Post by fdarn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:42 am

granddaddy wrote:Here's a set of buttons I use. I've turned them red for you so it better fits your theme.
You put the 4 images into:
catalog\view\theme\-yourtheme-\image
Back up the exisitn images first.
There is also a text file included in the zip showing the CSS changes for text colours.
Thank you,

I am interested in seeing how those buttons look on my site but when I enter those css changes in the stylesheet it throws the whole site off. Are we both using 1.5.6?

I see the a button lines and a button:hover lines but I do not see a line for span and hover span. I added those lines but it just broke the site up and i had to upload the orignal back in.

This is what I am looking at in my style sheet

Code: Select all

/* button */
a.button, input.button {
	cursor: pointer;
	color: #FFFFFF;
	line-height: 12px;
	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 12px;
	font-weight: bold;
	background: url('../image/button.png') repeat-x;
	-webkit-border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 7px;
	-moz-border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 7px;
	-khtml-border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 7px;
	border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 7px;
	-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 2px 2px #DDDDDD;
	-moz-box-shadow: 0px 2px 2px #DDDDDD;
	box-shadow: 0px 2px 2px #DDDDDD;
}
a.button {
	display: inline-block;
	text-decoration: none;
	padding: 6px 12px 6px 12px;
}
input.button {
	margin: 0;
	border: 0;
	height: 24px;
	padding: 0px 12px 0px 12px;
}
a.button:hover, input.button:hover {
	background-position: 0px -24px;

}
.buttons {

border: 0px solid #EEEEEE;
	overflow: auto;
	padding: 6px;
	margin-bottom: 20px;
}
.buttons .left {
	float: left;
	text-align: left;
}
.buttons .right {
	float: right;
	text-align: right;
}
.buttons .center {
	text-align: center;
	margin-left: auto;
	margin-right: auto;
}

Post by granddaddy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm not using 1.5.6. I use an earlier version. I've had a look at the differences in the CSS and it appears that the creation of buttons was completely redesigned in 1.5.6
In the old method, 4 images were used which had curved corners in the images themselves. In 1.5.6 there is only one image and it repeats itself to get the correct width (the old version didn't need this) and creates corners using CSS 'radius' attributes.
The 'span's were used in the old version but don't apply in the new one.
So, no you won't be able to adapt my buttons at-all. That's a shame because if you look at my site you can see the hover effect is quite good:
http://www.buffaloleather.co.uk/leather ... movers.htm
Hopefully someone else can step in here to advise you how to change the 1.5.6 buttons.

Post by fdarn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:14 pm

granddaddy wrote:I'm not using 1.5.6. I use an earlier version. I've had a look at the differences in the CSS and it appears that the creation of buttons was completely redesigned in 1.5.6
In the old method, 4 images were used which had curved corners in the images themselves. In 1.5.6 there is only one image and it repeats itself to get the correct width (the old version didn't need this) and creates corners using CSS 'radius' attributes.
The 'span's were used in the old version but don't apply in the new one.
So, no you won't be able to adapt my buttons at-all. That's a shame because if you look at my site you can see the hover effect is quite good:
http://www.buffaloleather.co.uk/leather ... movers.htm
Hopefully someone else can step in here to advise you how to change the 1.5.6 buttons.
Thank you for sharing your link. I was going to ask you for it. You have a very professional looking site. I bet your products would go nicely with my leather holsters.

As the others said apparently there is a way to change the buttons out in 1.5.6, but I am not sure it is worth the trouble. I am going to change the colors to the images you sent and see how that looks.

Fred