Post by zorroopen » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 am

Dear Support,

Hello, i'm a new user in your web forum and i like to have your help.

I'm creating a new website in my localhost by using Opencart 1.5.6.4

It's my first time i'm using OpenCart, and i like it. It's easy not like others models. I alreday created lot of things: Categories, sub-categories, products, SEO, Shipping option, payment option...etc

But, now i have a small problem: For example:
I have a T-Shirt with three colors: Green, Red, White. And i like to insert only one product to win space, and automaticaly when the client choose color "Red", the T-shirt picture will automaticaly change to Red T-shirt. I tried after creating Color option but the picture didn't change, stay always in the default pictures.

I like to know how to do it or if we can download a free extension with this option.

Or, i have an idea, but i don't know how to do it: to create option "Color" Red, Green, White, and each color has a specific URL ID product (I will create 3 duplicate products, i will change only the pictures). and after select one color, the website will go automaticaly to other address of the T-Shirt id. !!!! I'm trying, but i didn't found the solution now.

Finaly, i'm waiting your help and thank you very much.

Best regards. ;D

Post by clorne » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Plenty of extensions will do this try putting
"product image switch"
in the extension search

Post by zorroopen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:40 am

Thank you Clorne for your help.

I already do it before, and i found some extension, but not FREE.
I didn't find the FREE extension where the buyer can select the color (Choose option) and automatically the default photo change also!!!! This what i'm searching.

That's why i'm looking if we can create an option by choosing URL address
Or, i have an idea, but i don't know how to do it: to create option "Color" Red, Green, White, and each color has a specific URL ID product (I will create 3 duplicate products, i will change only the pictures). and after select one color, the website will go automaticaly to other address of the T-Shirt id. !!!! I'm trying, but i didn't found the solution now.
I don't know if we can or no. Please, if someone who is working with OpenCart for long time and Pro skill, send me an answer about this question.

And thank you very much.
Thanks.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by zorroopen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:16 pm

MarketInSG wrote:If you're building a website for your business, be prepared to spend a little to get a better website.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6787
Hello,

Yes, i'm looking like this extension but FREE ;) .
My website is always in my localhost, and i hope to build and to find the best server for OpenCart, choose the best and the secure payment option and more.
That's why i'm looking firstly for the FREE extension, maybe after start selling and have some client, i will buy more extension to have a professional OpenCart.

Thanks.

N.B: FREE EXTENSION PLEASE.

Post by MarketInSG » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:51 am

You will then need to turn on the filter to search for free extensions. If you don't see it, there isn't :)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by zorroopen » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:07 am

No good idea to add Color option in Filter.
And thank you for your help MarketInSG.

Any other idea ?
Thanks.