Post by Selective555 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:38 pm

I already installed "OpenCart", and I can set up an item for sale as a download, I did get this far already, but...

Can I set up an item for sale where it has a menu option of different file formats, where more than one can be selected, but each with its own download and each with its own price, so the prices get added together? Also, can discounts be applied when certain formats are bought together?

I have an e-book to sell, and didn't want to make every format for the same book a new sales item in the shop. It would look more professional to only list the book once in the shop, then have all options for that book listed with the book's sales page.

Thanks.

Post by Selective555 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:39 pm

I was never notified when this posting was approved. I think there may be something wrong with the server on this support forum, as I was never notified by email.

As for my question, can anyone give me an answer? or should I just remove OpenCart and try installing AbanteCart?

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:45 am

OpenCart isn't geared up to operate with Downloads in the way you require.

Have you searched the extension store for an extension ?

If so and haven't found one, you may get a developer willing to assist by posting in the Commercial Support forum as your requirement will require a fair bit of coding to achieve.

Just took a look at AbanteCart, which looks like a modified version of OpenCart. I couldn't find anything on there which matches your request either.

ImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Selective555 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:19 am

Yeah, OpenCart and AbanteCart look exactly the same as far as features for selling downloads.

Thanks for looking at this for me.

I'll just stay with OpenCart and make individual items for sale.