Post by werepair » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi,
Can some body help me with this, my site is showing this error
"index.php?route=product/category&path=" 404 Not Found
How can i fix it?

regards

Location - United Kingdom

Post by SXGuy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:03 am

Where are you clicking for the error? a link? if so what link? need more detail.

Post by werepair » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:20 am

Thanks for the reply, this error is n my google webmaster tools , also screaming frog etc, any idea how to fix it?

Post by Dhaupin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:04 am

Its an error because its missing category and or children id(s) in that url.

In webmaster tools, goto the crawl > crawl errors and click the error. Then in the popup, look for the "Linked from" tab and click it. This will show you where or what is generating that 404 link so you can fix it.

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by werepair » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Thanks for the answer appreciated, it is linked from 9 category's/products, i wouldn't know where to start fixing it, also i am not able to sort some of my category's, maybe this has something to do with it, i need some help here as i have an seo company carrying out some work on my site and they wont start until this error has been fixed.

Post by Dhaupin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Ok start here, click into one of the pages that is linking to that incomplete url. When youre on the page, right click it and "view page source". This will bring up the code. Now hit CTRL-F to open the finder and paste the incomplete url. It may find many of them similar. If its too many, try finding this instead: category&path=" including the trailing quote. When you find the incomplete url(s), paste the area of code its in. Then we can probably tell you whats making them.

Or if youre not comfortable with that, paste the whole source code here (or put it in a text file and attach to this thread).

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA