Post by josiahgarber » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Is there a way to show credit card types on our orders?

We would like this so we don't have to login to our payment processor every time to get the credit card type for our accounting system.

Thanks.

Post by melbagnato » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:14 am

Yes a simple mod can add this detail on your orders, assuming you are capturing it already.

- Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://online.enterpriseconsulting.com.au

Site with OpenCart extensions & code downloads, many new extensions coming soon!
Follow us on twitter for more updates

Location - Melbourne

Post by josiahgarber » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:15 am

melbagnato wrote:Yes a simple mod can add this detail on your orders, assuming you are capturing it already.

- Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great. Any help with how to do this? Thanks.

Post by melbagnato » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 pm

I'll write a quick guide and will post it here for you.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk

http://online.enterpriseconsulting.com.au

Site with OpenCart extensions & code downloads, many new extensions coming soon!
Follow us on twitter for more updates

Location - Melbourne

Re:

Post by josiahgarber » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:58 am

melbagnato wrote:I'll write a quick guide and will post it here for you.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
Great. Thanks.

Post by abretado » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:03 am

I am in need of this request as well, Anyone know of an extension that does this?

Post by Johnathan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:19 pm

It depends on your payment method. If the customer is typing the credit card number in on your site, you'd just need to run a client-side check on that to see what kind of card it is. Some processors (like Stripe.com) also pass that information back in the payment confirmation, so you could use that for the order.

The customer doesn't type the card number in on your site (like PayPal Standard) then it's up to the payment processor whether they give you that information.

Either way, it's going to need to be something specific to your payment gateway. You should contact the author of that gateway to ask them if they can do it for you. If it's one of the built-in gateways, you'll probably need to hire someone to do it for you (unless melbagnato has a free guide he wants to post).

If you need to find a developer, I recommend you post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum (forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=88), which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area (www.opencart.com/index.php?route=partner/partner).

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator