Post by paddys_1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:16 am

I have noticed that items on my site can take up to 20seconds to load after I make a change to a product in admin.

The next pageload is very fast and on take 2 seconds.

For example, if I update the price or description of a single product and click save in admin, then ALL of the products on the front end take 15-20 seconds to load on the first request.

Any subsequent load of the page is fast, until I update another page in admin.

My theory is that some cache is being cleared whenever I click save in admin or some indexes in the db are being rebuilt and this is then slowing down the first load of every page on the front end.

Has anyone else noticed this problem at all?

Post by imdevlper18 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:57 pm

You have an issue on update or insert of product. The mysql server is running because of the query on update/insert. And in your case there might be certain query may be 3rd party which is running in loop and mysql server is kept busy. So until that is finished. You cannot open a new page as mysql server is busy. So fix the query on update/insert. Your work will be done.

Opencart Extensions | Professional opencart support | Support Ticket | support@cartbinder.com

Post by paddys_1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:50 am

I have analysed this overnight. I made a change in my admin, clicked save and then all pages on the front end where taking 20seconds to load.

I waited 5 hours to give any mysql queries plenty of time to complete. I visited a page that no customers had visited and it still took 20seconds.

This has drawn me the to conclusion that all page cache's are being cleared when I edit one single product in admin.

This is highly inefficient for my store as I make regular updates throughout the day to product options.

Can anyone offer any explanations? You will have my eternal thanks!!