Post by mervyn » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi ya all this might be a silly question here but I'm having some great difficulties removing the refine search boxes and disable this search thing completely as I don't need it, it's bugging me guys because it's at the top of my products take a look and you will see what I mean.
http://shaving-sets.co.uk/Safety-Razors

Can someone point in the right direction as to where to get it removed or disabled I have looked everywhere in the admin and cannot seem to find it.

Thanks guys

Mervyn

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:26 pm

This is a customized template. A good place to look would be in your view/theme/your_custom_theme/template/common/header.tpl file starting from:

Code: Select all

<div id="search">
From your template, it would be:

Code: Select all

<div id="search">
    <div class="button-search"></div>
        <input type="text" name="filter_name" value="Search" onclick="this.value = '';" onkeydown="this.style.color = '#000000';" />
      </div>
(view source)

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mervyn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:15 am

Hi thanks for the reply, I have taken out the info between the div tags in the header.tpl although I didn't want the search bar in the top left corner anyway...so thats good! But what it is, is the refine search boxes that are in my product listings see image below guys if that’s any help, I have marked the image with a black border

Be great if you could help.

Mervyn

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Your website seems to take a very long time to load. Right now, it is not possible to see the content. However, from view source, you can look for: Refine Search.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON