Post by Masterjeff » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi,

ich habe for example a produkt and what to sell in different quanties (single and box)

T-Shirt - 1 pc - 10.00 EUR
T-Shirt - 10 pc - 80,00 EUR (customer save 2,00 EUR per pc)

I can use the discount function to make 8,00 EUR each item up from 10pcs. but I only want the discount for full boxes of 10 pcs.

the best way is to let the customer choose: [SINGLE] - [BOX] with Buttons and when the customer choose BOX, it will change the Price and reduce the stock with 10pcs when the customer buy 1 box.

possible? I looked for extensions but didn't find something.

Other idea is: make 2 Prices and 2 quantityfiels and 2 AddtoCart buttons in the same product view. so the customer can add single or box.

Thanks

Jeff

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:33 am

Other than a published contribution, or developed as custom job, this feature is definitely not implemented by default into OC core.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by billynoah » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm interested in writing this. I've basically got it finished but one question - how should the option quantities be affected?

suppose you have one option that is "box of ten" and option quantity is set to 1000.

Someone orders 10 "box of ten" which equals 100 pieces. Should the option quantity decrease by 100? or by 10 (since it's a box of ten after all). I was leaning toward the latter - sorta seems like in this scenario you'd ust be ignoring option quantities anyway.

What would your preferred behaviour be?

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:33 pm

billynoah wrote:I'm interested in writing this. I've basically got it finished but one question - how should the option quantities be affected?

suppose you have one option that is "box of ten" and option quantity is set to 1000.

Someone orders 10 "box of ten" which equals 100 pieces. Should the option quantity decrease by 100? or by 10 (since it's a box of ten after all). I was leaning toward the latter - sorta seems like in this scenario you'd ust be ignoring option quantities anyway.

What would your preferred behaviour be?
What step missing in your question is what happens whenever the main product quantity is also decreased by to 0. What happens with the rest of the product option quantities ? ! ;)

Of course, we have to disable related product options from this main product as well no matter how divided the quantities might be. :)

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by billynoah » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:09 am

as the extension is written the main product quantity doesn't have that option. only yes or no as it is in default.

again, as it's written, related product options increment the option quantity, bearing in mind of course that this is written for the "box of 10", "box of "20" model.

so for example suppose you have selected:
option "box of 10" is set to 5
option "red" is set to 1
main product subtract is set to "yes"

you order 10 of these... you'd end up decreasing main product quantity by 60. it seemed simple at first but i have to admin it does get a bit convoluted :-)

the most logical use would be to have only one option with values that have "subtract" as anything greater than 0. i suppose it needs some more input and thought about how these calcs should work.

i guess it sorta seems like perhaps all option subtracts should in fact multiply one another instead of increment so that the total quantity is reduced evenly for all? at this point I'm actually leaning toward simply creating a new option type which exclusively handles "boxes of..." and has no quantity but simply affects all other quantities, both for main product and other individual option types.

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:05 am

at this point I'm actually leaning toward simply creating a new option type which exclusively handles "boxes of..." and has no quantity but simply affects all other quantities, both for main product and other individual option types.
Technically, that is how I would do it since the products becomes the parent group of the categories and the option types would become the leverage of the sub-products which would be handled by different quantities. The main product quantity would remain as is since it is still defined from the core that whenever a product is purchased from checkout or manual order, the quantity gets decreased by the quantity purchased on anyhow.

The real challenge with this type of request would be to handle the copied products from the admin products by different quantities which probably the product to categories table would need modification to handle multiple relations with product IDs.

Regards,
Straightlight

Administrator

Location - Canada, ON

Post by billynoah » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:09 am

yeah - it could get tricky since not only quantity, but weight, bonus points, pricing, etc would all need to be affected for each option without technically modifying actual quantity ordered.

Post by billynoah » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:13 am

I guess I'm wondering at this point if anyone (especially the OP) would be interested in purchasing this extension? It's probably at least 3 - 4 hours of work and can't say I'd use it myself. Originally thought it would be simple but now it's looking a bit complex.. but do-able still.

Post by Masterjeff » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:46 am

Hi

sounds good. I would buy it when it works well. Depends also on price, of course. At the moment I have only 2 itmes to use it, because we started the shop 2 weeks ago. :-) but it would be a nice function and I think other people are interesting in it too.

Post by billynoah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:30 am

This is finished, sorry it took a while but got swamped with work.

I don't have time right now to put together a package for sale in the store here but will soon... if anyone's interested you can pm me for the time being.