Post by d_cee » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi - I hope someone can help here - this is driving me mad
When I add a new product and save it everything is fine, the name, description and model fields are as they should be. However, when I go and edit this product, it's name, description and model field contents have disappeared and been replaced with the name, description and model field contents of the first product I ever entered in the products section.

Similarly, if I edit any of my categories the category description is replaced with the same product description from this same first product I ever entered in the products section - the category name however does not get replaced and is OK.

Having searched and searched for an answer to this problem I thought it might be the ckeditor so I replaced this with the latest version to no avail, same problem persists.

I have vqmod installed and the import/export extension as well as product color option/image extensions

Hope someone can help!

Dave

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:37 am

Which OC version are you using?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by d_cee » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi
I'm on opencart 1.5.6.1

Dave

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Do you see any events from your admin - > systems - > error logs page regarding products?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by d_cee » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 pm

No there's nothing relating to products. The only error message I'm not sure about is

PHP Notice: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/session) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/vhosts/tfisaturday.com/httpdocs/system/library/session.php on line 11

Other than that there is an one other error message and that relates to the import/export tool which is unrelated to this issue

thanks

Dave

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Here's a provided solution by stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2904 ... 73#2952173

Although, be advised that this solution can create security holes on production servers.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by d_cee » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:13 pm

So is this likely to be the error the cause of my disappearing product names and descriptions? The server my opencart is on is running php 5.4.28 and the stackoverflow answer describes this as an issue with php 5.3

thanks for your help with this

Dave

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:15 pm

It might also be an ongoing issue even though, understandably, you do make a valid point. However, I would still investigate in your PHP version if the provided steps has been implied. :)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by d_cee » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:00 am

I think changing this setting solved the problem - many thanks for your time and help with this

cheers

Dave