Post by bedfordian » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Guys,
We have a shop on OC 1.5.6 with SSL installed.
I have noticed that customers are registering, we are getting payments but orders do not go through?
What could be a problem?

Regards,
Peter

Post by tacobandito » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:32 am

We need more information to help:

1. What payment gateway are you using?

2. Have you properly edited both config.php files to include https?

3. Is this a recent problem? Did it work before, and now it's not? Is this a new install and it's always been broken?

4. Any recent changes to your website?

5. Anything in the system/log/error.txt file?

6. Link to website?

[module] PayPal Pro w/Recurring Profiles FREE
[module] 1 Click "Amazon Style" Checkout w/PayPal Pro FREE
[module] Adjustable PayPal Pro Fee FREE
[module] Add Sample To Cart LITE FREE
The guide to fixing just about everything wrong with OpenCart FREE!
Add INFINITE SCROLL to your homepage for FREE!
Live update product price for FREE!
Dynamic generation of Opencart coupon, FREE!
Hire me

Location - Springfield, MA

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:48 am

Usually this is an indication that an error is occuring during the order confirmation process, and is not involved with the payment gateway. Check your error log for errors relating to order.php (which usually indicates a modification is causing an error) or mail.php (which indicates incorrect mail settings).

Beyond that, if you see any errors relating to your payment gateway, it could be throwing an error after successful payment, which would cause the checkout process to stop.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by bedfordian » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:16 am

OK here it is

1. What payment gateway are you using?
Paypal Express Checkout

2. Have you properly edited both config.php files to include https?
Yes

3. Is this a recent problem? Did it work before, and now it's not? Is this a new install and it's always been broken?
It started happening after SSL was set to life. There was no problems before.

4. Any recent changes to your website?
No except above

5. Anything in the system/log/error.txt file?
Lots of these
2014-06-16 3:26:54 - Transaction does not exist
2014-06-16 3:26:54 - Parent transaction not found

And once
2014-06-15 20:55:48 - PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in /home/kidzroom/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11
2014-06-15 20:55:48 - PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kidzroom/public_html/index.php:104) in /home/kidzroom/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11
2014-06-15 20:55:48 - PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/kidzroom/public_html/index.php:104) in /home/kidzroom/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11
2014-06-15 20:55:48 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kidzroom/public_html/index.php:104) in /home/kidzroom/public_html/index.php on line 177
2014-06-15 20:55:48 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kidzroom/public_html/index.php:104) in /home/kidzroom/public_html/system/library/currency.php on line 45
2014-06-16 3:26:54 -

6. Link to website?
Sorry don't want to be found by search engines I can send private message if it's necessary.

Problem is not related to the checkout. If I'll create 100% off coupon and make a purchase it will show as transaction cancelled.
I have about 5 to ten orders per day and they disappear. Payment goes through with correct invoice number but order is not going through and it stays in a customers basket.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Peter

Post by bedfordian » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Any one? Is that a common problem. Is opencart not really ready for use unless you get someone to fix faulty code?

Post by tacobandito » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:11 am

Well, it's clearly related to the SSL certificate having been installed, since this is when the problem came about. I'd point out that since you use PayPal Express, sensitive information is passed over to PayPal on paypal.com, so there's really no requirement for https on your website.

My recommendation would be to disable https for now to fix the problem immediately, and then (even though I detected a hint of sarcasm) go ahead and hire someone to diagnose and resolve the issue at some point in the future if https is critical for some other unknown-to-me reason.

I'd point out that fully featured eCommerce platforms typically aren't cheap/easy, and where OpenCart is both, a bug here or there is hardly reason to complain. (especially considering it's processing 10+ orders a day for you)

Hire me

Post by bedfordian » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:15 am

@taconadito I'm not really sure how you can say there is no requirement for https? Maybe where you live data protection of the buyer is not important but here in the UK we are required by law that all customer registration details must be transmitted by secure connection. Everyone is aware of this, people simply will not register or buy from you if there is no padlock on the address bar.
I'm not complaining at OpenCart what so ever. I'm just disappointed that it has been years in development and like every other open source e-commerce platform it just doesn't work.
There is always something not working and some bugs have been known for years. I'm fairly hands on and can fix most issues myself.
I have used OpenCart for a while now and it's a first time I came and asked for help, I didn't actually expect a solution as most guys up here are more concerned to reply to show their signatures with advertising.

Post by tacobandito » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:34 am

The US has no such requirement, so this is definitely covered under the "unknown-to-me" reason why you would need HTTPS.

I don't think the reply/advertising thing is fair to say, there are a ton of good folks on here that do what they can to help, regardless of the presence of ads in their signature. Even if that is a motivating factor, web design/development is a career path...can you blame a guy for trying to grab some work?

All that said, your issue is pretty specific...I don't think that PayPal Express is broken for everyone using SSL. Have you tried the standard method of determining an issue with OpenCart?

Hire me

Post by victorj » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:57 am

No this is no common problem, my shop run ssl as well through entire site and never had these problems.

Do your orders show up when you select missing orders, or are they not present at all.
if present under missing orders, there is a problem with status of your orders, or the call back url is wrong, no idea if paypal uses that.
also there are a lot of errors in your site that should be fixed in order to make it run error free.

@tacobandito

european law clearly states that whenever a private person sends any confidential data to a website ie name adres email adress etc it has to be secured, so ssl is mandatory here in europe, be happy you live in us, regulation for online sales will be even more difficult soon when new laws become applicable

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by tacobandito » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:00 am

PayPal does have an IPN (instant payment notification/ "callback url"), but I don't use PayPal Express myself, so I don't know if that is a requirement to setup to use that payment gateway.

@victorj
I'm sure as long as the NSA is running around rampant we probably won't have that SSL requirement :D

Hire me

Post by victorj » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:33 am

tacobandito wrote:@victorj
I'm sure as long as the NSA is running around rampant we probably won't have that SSL requirement :D
So if you all would use ssl they would be jobless :crazy:

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by STN » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:07 am

Does it appear in your missing orders ? Or pending orders status.

I have this problem sometimes, the orders go into pending state even after everything is okay. I am not using SSL though.

Check if the orders appear there. Also Paypal keeps changing their website so much, its no wonder OC may have some problems verifying

Game Trainers

STN

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:55 am

Maybe where you live data protection of the buyer is not important but here in the UK we are required by law that all customer registration details must be transmitted by secure connection. Everyone is aware of this, people simply will not register or buy from you if there is no padlock on the address bar.
@bedfordian:

You are correct. Not just in UK but this policy also implies in US and Canada. Several payment gateway website does address their concern regarding PCI DSS Compliancy. There are a few who provides full SSL protection, such as PayPal Express Checkout (NVP), for instance, but still requires a minimum SSL security level to process transactions between websites. However, not all Countries requires this policy yet, unfortunately, but others that is a must-have.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by bedfordian » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:57 pm

I must admit you are such a nice bunch of dudes O0

OK, What is happening, is the customer is placing an order and pays with PayPal I get the money but order is never confirmed and stays in the customers basket or sorry CART!!!
It makes me sick, as I get the payment and no order and obviously you want to make sure your reputation doesn't go down the drain. So I have to log in as a client use my 100% off code which I have to change all the time and I process the order as a client. It than comes as CANCELLED any way. I have not much hair left to pull :laugh:

Post by bedfordian » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:04 pm

How do you check missing orders?

Post by bedfordian » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Yes I did now and it's lot's of it!!!!!!!!!!!! Scary what do I do?

Post by bedfordian » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Right, I have searched paypal missing orders on this forum and read all of the posts, some going back to 2008. It seems that there is a problem, a big problem somewhere. I'm surprised that this is not fixed or there is not even one answer up there which resolves the problem. There is tens of dead posts never unresolved.