Post by Aamu » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:43 am

Please, could someone kindly tell me, why scroll bars showed up in product listings (every product has a single scrolling bar in the right side, next to add-to-cart -button)? This is very unwanted visual effect, and the scrolling bars don´t even work properly...

I was using the version 1.5.6.1, and just updated to the newest version hoped that would solve the problem. It didn´t.

Is this just the admin-panel problem, or should I change some core files?

Thanks for the guru who can help me :)

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 am

you need to change the "width" of certain Content Fields, if one of them has a larger size than before, not all boxes can be reproduced in full size anymore and you will have scroll bars visible, especially, if you have a FIXED Container width-Setting. It's also possible to enlarge the fixed PAGE SIZE width a little, but if you care to reproduce 1024x768 FULL SIZE (without scrollbars), you need to shrink one of the boxes to match 980px. or whatever you have set as max. Container width.

It's all in the CSS File.

Code: Select all

#container {
	width: 980px;
	margin:15px auto 0 auto;
	text-align: left;
}
#column-left {
	float: left;
	width: 200px;
	margin:0 0 0 3px;
}
#column-right {
	float: right;
	width: 194px;
	margin:0 3px 0 0;
}
#content {
	min-height:450px;
	padding-top:12px;	
	padding-left:18px;	
	padding-bottom:10px;	
	padding-right:12px;	
	margin-bottom: 12px;
	background:none;
}
Don't forget the left/right margin and padding space, with sets the left/right 'Space' inside and outside the individual Fields. This has to be added to the calculation...

If you use Firebird or Seamonkey Browser, it's easy to use the built-in CSS-Viewer/HTML EDITOR - Mode to display the Page in local Edit Mode and find out easy wich BOX is Source of the problem, you can then adjust to right size by manipulating the width until it matches. Then, enter the correct values into the CSS File and upload it to the server. Be aware than not all Browsers display exactly similar, one may show a full page, the other one displays a scrollbar, if the page set just a couple of pixels to wide, so, try all Browsers you have after doing such work.

Good luck

Ernie

I am no longer active at the Forum. Please do NOT send me Personal Mails,
they will no longer be replied to.
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
4'100 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland