Post by turt » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi,

I'm using opencart version 1.5.2.1.

I want to sell the an item that is available in different measures for different prices ie:

Can of spray paint

100 ml for £5
250ml for £10
500ml for £15

In opencart product options the only way I can do this seems to be to set the base price as £5 and use the following settings:

100ml + £0
250ml + £5
500ml + £10

This is of no use for my website as it looks really un professional and confusing to the customer.

What I want is to be able to have an option where the price isn't added and instead is simply specified, like the following:

100ml = £5
250ml = £10
500ml = £15

I have seen a mod that does this by setting the base price to zero and then making it invisible, making any price options that you type in as + or - work effectively as =. I could go down this road but I am in the uk and need to charge vat and it seems that this mod has an issue with sales tax...

Does anyone have any solution? Also I am willing to pay to have the issue solved but if not I am also happy to try myself.

Kind Regards
Last edited by turt on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by jty » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:05 pm

I've done this but I am not a developer so I can't remember how I did it.
If you can't find a developer, you need to make the changes in product.php, product.tpl and also system/library/cart.php
I think that's about all the files that are required.
Look for price_prefix

jty

Post by clorne » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:43 am

Try this FREE extension

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=11913

read the downloaded txt file in the vqmod folder to change the product price to the option price.

demo:

http://ocextensions.co.uk/demo/product2

Post by billynoah » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Post by turt » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:20 pm

Thankyou guys will check out the links provided.

Post by turt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Ok guys,

I have downloaded clorne's mod and I'm trying to install it. It needs vqmod to work. I checked my root folder and vqmod is already installed. Here are the instructions to install clorne's mod:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation
~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Unzip the contents to the root directory of your OpenCart installation, preserving directory structure
-- NO FILES OVERWRITTEN OR ADDED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean I just upload the whole vqmod folder from clornes mod into my root directory? I'm worried it will overwrite the old vqmod.... Also my ftp manager doesn't seem to let me upload folders, only files.....

I apologise for all the noob questions, I am just a normal guy whos developer disappeared...

Post by clorne » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 am

If you are uncertain, you can unzip the downloaded file on your local machine and just upload the only .xml file to your remote sites vqmod/xml folder.

That's all you have to do.

If you require further support I suggest you go to the ocextensions' site and use the support contact.