Post by fragrances4me » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new here :)
I'm dealing with this issue for 2 weeks now, trying different methods, extensions with/without VQMOD and tutorials
but I just can't seem to get it to work properly. Each time I enable SEO URL I get 404 all over the place (except homepage).
I thought first it's an extension that screwed up this option but I've got confirmation from the developers that it
doesn't interfere with anything relate to it. I'm pretty frustrated right now as you might imagine and would gladly
give a trust worthy & experienced user remote-control over my computer to help me out with this predicament.

My site is http://www.fragrances4me.com/ and as you can see all url aren't user friendly.

Would appreciate any help, and a direct remote control even more so as I've tried most of the advices already like
changing .htaccess or extensions that don't require to enable SEO URL. Nothing worked.

Thanks for reading.

Post by dirtboy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:57 am

this thread will explain the three steps to get seo urls working properly

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=70529

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
- Henry Ford

Post by qahar » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:03 am

Other than ensure product have url alias, enabled SEO setting and .htaccess, it could be specific reason.

For specific issue that most tips on forum is not work anymore for you, I suggest you to ask commercial support.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by fragrances4me » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:12 am

dirtboy wrote:this thread will explain the three steps to get seo urls working properly

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=70529
I've done the renaming and checking the htaccess has the correct content and it didn't work.

Post by randy4 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:41 am

Could you post your code from .htaccess file and we can double check everything is correct. Also who is your hosting provider.

I have recently gone through this problem so i can check against my htaccess file

Post by dirtboy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:26 pm

# 1.To use URL Alias you need to be running apache with mod_rewrite enabled.

# 2. In your opencart directory rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess.

# For any support issues please visit: http://www.opencart.com

Options +FollowSymlinks

# Prevent Directoy listing
Options -Indexes

# Prevent Direct Access to files
<FilesMatch "\.(tpl|ini|log)">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

# SEO URL Settings
RewriteEngine On
# If your opencart installation does not run on the main web folder make sure you folder it does run in ie. / becomes /shop/

RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_sitemap [L]
RewriteRule ^googlebase.xml$ index.php?route=feed/google_base [L]
RewriteRule ^download/(.*) /index.php?route=error/not_found [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*\.(ico|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)
RewriteRule ^([^?]*) index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]

### Additional Settings that may need to be enabled for some servers
### Uncomment the commands by removing the # sign in front of it.
### If you get an "Internal Server Error 500" after enabling any of the following settings, restore the # as this means your host doesn't allow that.

# 1. If your cart only allows you to add one item at a time, it is possible register_globals is on. This may work to disable it:
# php_flag register_globals off

# 2. If your cart has magic quotes enabled, This may work to disable it:
# php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off

# 3. Set max upload file size. Most hosts will limit this and not allow it to be overridden but you can try
# php_value upload_max_filesize 999M

# 4. set max post size. uncomment this line if you have a lot of product options or are getting errors where forms are not saving all fields
# php_value post_max_size 999M

# 5. set max time script can take. uncomment this line if you have a lot of product options or are getting errors where forms are not saving all fields
# php_value max_execution_time 200

# 6. set max time for input to be recieved. Uncomment this line if you have a lot of product options or are getting errors where forms are not saving all fields
# php_value max_input_time 200

# 7. disable open_basedir limitations
# php_admin_value open_basedir none

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
- Henry Ford

Post by billynoah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:39 pm

fyi, this thread is a duplicate of http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 99#p479299 and has been solved already.