Post by lilygrace » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:36 am

Is it possible to have 2 stores in Multistore with one store selling in CAD$ the other in USD$?

I don't want to have - or display - a currency option toggle; just one store displaying CAD$ pricing the other USD$ pricing.

thanks
LG

Post by labeshops » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 am

Sure. Just set a different default currency for it under settings > storename > local

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by sergio123 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:12 am

Thanks LS. I will try that.

I just had the extension you found for me a couple of weeks ago installed (the multi-store different price ext). The developer, a very helpful person, had to update the extension for the version of oc I have. Finally got it installed yesterday and it turns out that it won't work with product options. ??? I offer products in qtys of 500, 1000, 2000 and 3000 pcs.

The problem I have is that I sell products that are much cheaper to print and deliver to US customers than CDN customers. Like many online stores, my prices include shipping or "free shipping". Having one store that sells the same product for $10 usd to US customers and $15 CAD to CDN customers upsets CDN customers.

My solution was/is to have 2 stores one .com for the US and one .ca for Canada. Different prices/currencies on each website and CDN customers don't get upset at seeing lower prices for US customers.

I'm sure there is a way to do it just need to find it.

Post by lilygrace » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:35 am

Hi LS

I checked out what you suggested and I am set up that way.

I am misunderstanding what the developer is saying to me. He is trying solve the problem i described to you in my previous post. Below is what he's suggesting:

I think you can do that in Catalog -> Product -> Discount part.
There you can define, for each product, for each store, for each quantity what is the price.

It may be difficult to set it up for the first time, you have lot of combinations but....

Also, when you input price you can only enter price in one currency !
If you input price in .com store, you'll enter in US $
When you input price in .ca store, you'll have to input in US$ too, but you have to define exchange rate...I hope you understand me...

Sorry for my name change, sometimes when i try to logon I get a "No Match for Username and/or Password" message so I have the second account for when that happens, see message below:
[/img][/img]

Attachments

no match.png

no match.png (27.12 KiB) Viewed 2086 times

Post by labeshops » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:35 am

Sorry, but I've never used that extension myself so really have no idea how it works. I'm sure the developer can help you further.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by sergio123 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Thanks LS.

Post by debbiekipt » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi
I am on 1.5.6.4 and changing currency default in local settings does not work properly for me.

It works initially, but as soon as currencies are updated and the default moves from GBP (prices were created in GBP) to USD, what was £100 shows as $100 - so it is not converting, just changing the symbol.

I see there is an extension available which says it does this, but it is only for OC 2.0+

Anyone got any suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance!