Post by ShaneTFletcher » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:09 am

So OK, I'm trying to get rid of the drop down mini cart box and succeed. However, now I'm with an issue but a weird one.

Basically, I have kept the total amount which states how many items are in the basket and how much - (1 item (s) - £100).

Now, having edited the cart.tpl file, I understand that I need to keep the cart-total id to allow this to refresh itself. But when I leave this id, I am left with a hyper-link heading to nowhere (as it was technically the drop down box).
Untitled.png

Untitled.png (199.63 KiB) Viewed 541 times

Now, somewhere is allowing this to become a link, a link to show the dropdown box which isn't available anymore. I have tried using the text-decoration: none but nothing will allow this to change.

Any ideas?

Post by butte » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:25 am

1/ You could insert a container or block tag, use new .css or in-line style with z-index: 1000; along with position: and margin-top:, etc., to superimpose it, and by way of an image or simple background-color or bgcolor make it the same color (apparently black) as the background crossbar. Most visitors will not notice a mouse change suggesting that they should click it out of curiosity.

2/ You give it its own .css class and nullify href (links) or make their (foreground, link font) color: same as the background in the new class.

Guru Member