Post by crispylettuce » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:03 am

Hi, I hope this makes sense.

I run a couple of sites on multi-store set up, and the sites 'share' quite a lot of the same products.
I would like to add slightly different product & category descriptions, meta data etc to the second site to differentiate the difference in the sites etc...

I thought up an idea, and wondered if it is feasible and wanted to ask the forum.

I want to set my second and third multi-store sites to a new language pack called 'english2'. It would need to be hard coded into the sites to use this pack everytime they are loaded and figured this would be set in header but not sure how. This would make these two store to run with the set language pack regardless of country/browser etc...

To create 'english2' for the two sites to use/run, i would duplicate the language folder 'english' in admin and catalog, and call the new one 'english2' (and give it a code of 'uk' instead of 'en')..

This would then mean i have two language areas in the Category/Products pages in admin (english & english2), so i can set different descriptions for the sites.

Does this sound possible?

Andy

Post by crispylettuce » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:23 am

Nobody know if this idea is possible or not?