Post by Chris! » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:12 am

Happy new year to all!

I have a question, been googling and searching on the forum, but so far to no avail: How can I set up my store so that it will automatically accept orders?

For example, once a customer has bought product x, I want him to be able to download the product sheet/ manual or what ever information is available, without him having to wait (with no notifications) that his download is available.

Any ideas/ suggestions/ tips will be greatly appreciated!

Chris!

Post by butte » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 pm

For downloads as well as other products, OC "accepts" as an order anything that was transacted prepaid. THEN for downloads customers who prepaid must log into their accounts, where OC can determine that they did prepay and are authorized to download the specifically prepaid file(s).

Don't worry about it. The prepayments are known to OC sooner than a customer can typically return and log in. The time lag is essentially lickety-split at velocities determined by customers individually. If a customer takes an hour to return, the lag is his fault. If the customer happens somehow to get back into his account within 3.2 milliseconds, odds are he'll then have to wait another 497 to 997 milliseconds, but overriding odds are that the 500 to 1000 milliseconds will pass before he returns.

Guru Member