Post by David Sanchez » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:18 am

Hello fellows!!

Im really happy with open cart and Im starting to enjoy reading the code and learning, everyday a little. I have a question for you.

I have a shop with different currencies, Euros, Rublos, and Chinese Yuan. I decided to set the prices based on RMB, but I dont want to give to the users the option of selecting this currency, so I select disable.

But the problem is that is still appearing to me in the frontpage of the page, and actually I dont want to show it.

It's a bug? Or maybe is just that the default currency can not be set as disable?

I ask because I think can make sense that my shop is oriented to European costumers, but not Chinese.

Thanks for the help!

Visit our Store http://www.Alzoco.com for more info

Location - Beijing, China

Post by butte » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:53 am

Not a bug. You set the default currency, that shows. I just brought up your URL, your webserver is in Spain itself. You might check with your payment portal(s) and see whether you can show and take in Euros and have conversion made to your preference during transactions -- you would then display euros or whatever as OC default.

Guru Member

Post by David Sanchez » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:44 pm

I finally found a walk around.

The problem is this:

I have a store that manage products with CYN (im buying in China), but only wants to sell in Europe and America, but nobody will pay in CYN.

My problem was that I set by default currency the CYN and google is only showing products in CYN, not good.

The walk around is: You set you default currency the one the customers will mainly use, BUT, inside the admin panel Currency, you set to CYN (or any other, the one will set the prices) with value 1, and the calculate the value for the default.

Hope this will help you. And dont forget to refresh to google

Visit our Store http://www.Alzoco.com for more info

Location - Beijing, China