Post by Gamesol » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi All, over the past 2 days I got some odd customers registering and not buying on my website, all the Signups are similar with the common being in the company field "google"

Any ideas ? Is it a google spider or something ?


Web Site: Gamesol
First Name: lor1jdbr1r4
Last Name: otu3izmx6z5KC
Customer Group: Default
Company: google
E-Mail: f.res.h.w.a.t.erj.f.zz@gmail.com
Telephone: 123456



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paid for it and NOW it's FREE !

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by granddaddy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Most websites that have some kind of Form to signup or send messages, receive these kind of nonsense messages.
There is a good description of why they do it here:
http://www.gn.apc.org/support/form-spam
Just delete the entries in your customer list. As far as I know opencart has protection against 'injection' exploits.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Gamesol wrote: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paid for it and NOW it's FREE !
tapatalk is pretty interesting too, with how the add texts to people's posts. :laugh:


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 am
Location - Singapore

Post by Gamesol » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 am

granddaddy wrote:Most websites that have some kind of Form to signup or send messages, receive these kind of nonsense messages.
There is a good description of why they do it here:
http://www.gn.apc.org/support/form-spam
Just delete the entries in your customer list. As far as I know opencart has protection against 'injection' exploits.

Hi, thank you so much for the reply.

I really do hope there is protection against the injection exploit.

I thought the sign up page had a captcha on it, I hope there is one in the extension store


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paid for it and NOW it's FREE !

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Gamesol » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 am

MarketInSG wrote:
Gamesol wrote: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paid for it and NOW it's FREE !
tapatalk is pretty interesting too, with how the add texts to people's posts. :laugh:
Lol, yeah, well I did tweak the signature slightly :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paid for it and NOW it's FREE !

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by granddaddy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Captcha for registration was discussed here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=41212
Read the entire thread - it discusses possible problems and solutions.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by Gamesol » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:52 pm

granddaddy wrote:Captcha for registration was discussed here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=41212
Read the entire thread - it discusses possible problems and solutions.

Thank you, I found a free extension for it and dodgey signups are gone :)

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Cue4cheap » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 am

and that free extension is?

cue4cheap not cheap quality


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:45 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests