Post by paradoxx » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Ive had already searched the forums and found only two topics with the same problem that I have. One got no answers and the other one didnt worked for me.

Code: Select all

(http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=88479)
The problem is that when I assign the reward points its sends it in english because thats the admin language, so I said, I put it in german and it should work fine, but then I get only the variable names on the email, like this:
text_reward_subject (as the email subject)

text_reward_received

text_reward_total
The shop is almost ready to go but I have this small detail. I could change the english file to german, but in the future the shop will also be open for english speaking customers, so that would be just prolonging the problem.

Im running Opencart 1.5.5.1

Thanks in advance.

Post by paradoxx » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:27 am

help? anyone?

Post by paradoxx » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:00 pm

:'(

Post by billynoah » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Check out the file admin > language > mail > customer.php. The variables you want to edit are there.

$_['text_reward_subject']
$_['text_reward_received']
$_['text_reward_total']

If you want other customer emails to be in german as well you can change the other variables as well.

Post by paradoxx » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Thank you Billy for your answer. You have no idea how many times I've edited variables, experimented with some changes (I'm not a professional php programmer) and couldn't make it work. Actually, inside my default language, the variables exist and they are translated, but for some reason, opencart is jumping my language files and going directly to English mails.

So what I did now to get thing working, was to replace the English files with the German files, this is like a fix with duct tape, but I needed this to be working no matter how. In the meantime, it will be working like that.

Post by billynoah » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:17 am

Have you given your customers the ability to choose their preferred language by adding it to System > Localisation > Languages?

Post by billynoah » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:32 am

also, did you configure "catalog > language > mail > customer.php" as well?

Post by paradoxx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Thank you Billy, once again for discussing this with me to find a solution, I really appreciate it.

Now, to answer your questions, the shop is only available in German. It only works properly when I replace the English files in catalog/language/english/account/ the files are the reward.php and the return.php. This are the only 2 cases where the language selection is skipped.

Actually the customer.php that you pointed to me, has only the information when a customer registers as a new customer on the site.

What do I have to say is that, the administration language is English, and that makes sense to send email in English, but why those 2 no?

Post by billynoah » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:40 pm

how about "catalog > language > mail > voucher.php" ?

Post by paradoxx » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:19 am

Yes, just tested it and its being sent in English. :-\

Post by billynoah » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 am

Sorry don't know what to say. if it's a continued annoyance I can take a look as paid support and hopefully resolve this for you once and for all.

Post by paradoxx » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Thank you very much Billy, for the support given and offered. I will have it in mind when the shop runs in both languages, but for that I will need an email address were to write you in case needed.

Have a nice rest of the week!