Post by MatthewB » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 am

Hi

I updated from windows 8 to windows 8.1 this morning and have found a problem with the ck editor when I login to my admin

I want to insert an image so I click the image icon and my image manager opened but I am not able to double click on the image to insert.
If I try to type the url for image in the image dialog box it won't let me press ok or cancel.

Does anyone know whats happened?

Matthew

Location - Sunderland Tyne and Wear

Post by butte » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:28 am

(1) Which browser and browser version are you using? If IE, then did you specifically upgrade IE and specifically review all IE and "internet preferences" settings? If IE then try Firefox.

(2) Did the upgrade mess with Service Packs? Did you let the upgrade then update with all of the appropriate daily and weekly stuff that has already accumulated?

Guru Member

Post by MatthewB » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 am

Hi

when I updated to windows 8.1 it has updated my internet explorer to 11 I used to have internet explorer 10

I have just tried the ck editor using google chrome and all works fine so it must be a ie 11 problem.

I might downgrade to ie10

Matthew

Post by butte » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:23 am

IE11 has worked for some people who can already tolerate IE. You might first try the updates for it, look at the whitepapers for it, and go over everything that can be set for it. For example, it may default to disallowing scripts in certain circumstances before you tell it never mind, shut up.

Guru Member

Post by MatthewB » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:40 am

Thanks i'll have a look at the setting tomorrow when on desktop i'm on laptop at the minute (which is staying windows 8)

Matthew